It's time for a New Election Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think that this little thread in this little message board pretty closely approximates the electorate. I apologize if I left out anyone -- let me know and I'll edit with your preference.

Righties (for the most part):

Tweedling

Jules

Ikol

BleedOrange

JakobN

kwall

2cool (or whatever it is :lol)

Centerists/Independents

JUDE

BB1313

Uncle Wilco

Lefties:

FHF

Solace

Flick

Louie

PATM

Anybody who hasn't been reading q23 in here is missing the boat imo.

edit: And a number of other folks as well. You know who you are! :thumbup

Maybe it'll always end up getting more complex, but why not start with a clean slate every now and then? Shouldn't there be a limit to how complex it gets?

I agree with the complexiy issue. RIght now we have code shecking in at thousands of pages, regualtions at five or six times the number of pages and 100 years of case law, publications, notices comittee reports etc... So as complex as it it, it's what we have, it's what we know and to re-do it entirely would possibly negate a lot of the stuff out there and bring cause to litigate and work through all the issues once more using new definitions etc...

I agree with the complexiy issue. RIght now we have code shecking in at thousands of pages, regualtions at five or six times the number of pages and 100 years of case law, publications, notices comittee reports etc... So as complex as it it, it's what we have, it's what we know and to re-do it entirely would possibly negate a lot of the stuff out there and bring cause to litigate and work through all the issues once more using new definitions etc...

I agree it may cause problems to rewrite it, but so does keeping it complex. It's a monster. It just keeps getting bigger, uglier, and more complex. We need a fresh start every now and then. Given all the man hours spent on figuring out tax liability, it might actually be a significant boost to the economy just to simplify it. And I disagree it's what we know (unless 'we' referred to accountants and IRS agents). I sure as hell don't know it.

I am visiting Jeremiah Wright's church this week. Well actually the daycare center at his church. Nice place...nice people. Haven't talked any politics though. Not sure how they are feeling about Barack these days....

LouieB

I agree it may cause problems to rewrite it, but so does keeping it complex. It's a monster. It just keeps getting bigger, uglier, and more complex. We need a fresh start every now and then. Given all the man hours spent on figuring out tax liability, it might actually be a significant boost to the economy just to simplify it. And I disagree it's what we know (unless 'we' referred to accountants and IRS agents). I sure as hell don't know it.

The last time they "simplified" the code in 1986 we got the current mess we have today

edit: And a number of other folks as well. You know who you are! :thumbup

Quoted for truff.

And no Beltman, I mean, it's like you're baking a cake, but you sort of forgot the flower.

What's the deal?

Thanks, but shhh! I didn't see myself categorized on that list and I prefer to fly under the radar like a ninja in the night....umm...who flies! And stuff. :ninja

And no Beltman, I mean, it's like you're baking a cake, but you sort of forgot the flower.

so nicely put! yes, where is beltmann and where is q23? not to mention viatroy. also crow daddy ____ . fun idea and great job, edie, and you might be wishing about now you'd never started it. :lol

i think "voice of reason" should go to mr rain, along with his balanced and fair. he is consistently, admirably, and amazingly reasonable. i'm reasonable only on some days.

edit: mountain bed!

so nicely put! yes, where is beltmann and where is q23? also crow daddy ____ . fun idea and great job, edie, and you might be wishing about now you'd never started it. :lol

i think "voice of reason" should go to mr rain, along with his balanced and fair. he is consistently, admirably, and amazingly reasonable. i'm reasonable only on some days.

Me...I vacilate between being a Timocrat and a Monarchist.

But we all should realize we now live in a videocracy.

jon stewart was incredible last night on palin, bachmann, and the whole anti-american thing. if you watch the rerun today, don't miss the very end, where he has a bit more to say about his "fuck you" re palin in boston the other night . . .

The last time they "simplified" the code in 1986 we got the current mess we have today

And the collapse of the Savings and Loan Industry.

jon stewart was incredible last night on palin, bachmann, and the whole anti-american thing. if you watch the rerun today, don't miss the very end, where he has a bit more to say about his "fuck you" re palin in boston the other night . . .

Videocrat

Me...I vacilate between being a Timocrat and a Monarchist.

But we all should realize we now live in a videocracy.

don't scare me.

Videocrat

ok, please don't scare me.

If I could, I'd buy all you Obama supporters this for Christmas.

i'm sorry, but that lame poke has gotten so old it's crumbling under my feet as i type.

If I could, I'd buy all you Obama supporters this for Christmas.

I think Obama is a very intelligent, interesting man who will probably have a moderately successful presidency.

However, the Politician as Messiah stuff really disturbs me. It doesn't take much to read between the lines of the description of his being a 'transformational figure'.

This is the logical end product of 28 years of candidates running in this vein.

We had the Reagan Revolution

We had the Kinder and Gentler George H. W. Bush

We had the Bill Clinton who felt our pain

We had the Compassionate Conservative George W. Bush

Now we have the Godhead as President.

And don't ignore the fact that if somebody wasn't buying all the merchandise with Obama portrayed as a Messianic figure it wouldn't be on the market.

What's next?

The sign in Missouri causing so much trouble...located south of West Plains on U.S. 63 across from the Dairy Queen if your in the area. :shifty

t9fdp4.png

Switch out the turban for a Red Sox hat and this could be a pro-Obama sign in Boston.