The Grateful Dead

Went to see Jackie Green last night. Phil and Bobby played with him between sets.Wonderful acoustic versions of Friend of the Devil,Dire Wolfe, Peggy O, Deep Elem Blues and Ripple. All in amazing voice and harmonies...my friend said it felt like Reckoning at the Warfield in 1980. Off to see round two tonight :dancing . Saw some tapers so perhaps a preview of what's to come will be up on the internets soon.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter (14 years old) and I spent the night playing "Ripple". I figured it would be a good one for 2 acoustics and she is just learning so can play just the chords well. I'm so proud.

We also played "The Crane Wife" by the Decemberists and "Ooh La La" by the Faces but that does not belong in this thread.

Billy is playing in town tonight w/ Oteil and some fellah from Max Creek. He went down to a pal's loacal freak bar on Tues. and sat in with some band, too. Missed it and will miss tonight but by all accounts he's still a beast.

Billy is playing in town tonight w/ Oteil and some fellah from Max Creek. He went down to a pal's loacal freak bar on Tues. and sat in with some band, too. Missed it and will miss tonight but by all accounts he's still a beast.

Seeing Billy and Micky together again, is one of the reasons why I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the Dead.

I am still trying to wrap my mind around last nights show at GAMH. Second set with Phil, Bobby and Jackie Green acoustic was amazing. Then the closing set was electric with Phil,Bobby,Mark Karan and Steve Molitz with Jackie and his band(that makes 5 guitar players uh huh!).

Acoustic set: Casey Jones, Me and My Uncle, Ramble On Rose, Cassidy, Box of Rain

Electric set: Shakedown Street, Bertha, Scarlet Begonias, U.S. Blues, New Speedway Boogie, Minglewood Blues, Sugaree

All I can say is the electric set was one for the record books. Jackie recently wrote a bit about his experience this summer, thought y'all would like to read it. Kinda sums it up. Good on ya calvino, I agree about Mickey and Billy. I know your gonna have a great time. :pirate

http://jackiegreene.wordpress.com/

Lammy, it was a pretty quiet announcement on Jackie's website as special guests last month.I got "the phone call" to buy tics just like the old days :pirate The show was way sold out. GAMH is such an amazing venue and to see that second set get "so big and swirly" in such a small space was incredible. Jackie and Phil have such an amazing friendship. I am a big Jackie fan and it was so great to see him really nail it. He kinda lead the band last night with a cheerleader like direction on people taking solos, pure joy. His rapport with Bobby seemed really strong and the set really flowed. So much more matured than last year at the Obama gig and even the NYE show. Funny bit when everyone came up for the electric set and Phil and Bobby were missing...Jackie calls out "are they lost?" big laughs. "Who's gonna go find them?". I hope a soundboard pops up because the NSB was beyond belief. Big Fun. Thought about all you VC Deadheads and wished you were there!

Absolutely, Jackie has grown in leaps and bounds, thanks to Phil. Jackie gave such a heartfelt thanks to Phil and the Deadheads at NYE. I am always astounded by Phil's tutoring of folks. I've always thought he saved Ryan Adams life (along with divine intervention). Just an amazing guy that Phil Lesh. :love

Don't know the deal with Kimock other than he has always played with amazing folks....guess he didn't like his experience with P&F per the "Maggie's Farm" comment, huh? Hope Jackie gets to come out and play with the boys on a few shows I would love to see that but ain't holding my breath.

Link

Welcome back to the Tapers' Section, as we close out February with some excellent music spanning the Grateful Dead's first decade.

Our first selection today is from 2/23/66, a studio rehearsal that features some cool jams that form the bread of a Jam>Good Lovin' Jam>Jam sandwich. It's one of those neat little discoveries that was buried deep within the vault, and that's our pleasure to present here today.

Next we have a couple of selections from the first night of the famed Fillmore West 1969 run, from 2/27/69, specifically Good Morning Little Schoolgirl and That's It For The Other One. There was so much great music played over these four nights that we could spend hours listening to this run. In fact, we often do here at the Tapers' Section HQ. Oh, also from that run is this excellent Cosmic Charlie from 3/1/69. Tasty stuff.

We now have a little musical interlude from 2/28/73 in Salt Lake City, a standalone He's Gone, from the superb Dick's Picks Vol. 28, which consists of two concerts (2/26&28/73) filled with stellar early 1973 Grateful Dead.

The week will wrap up with the two big jams from 2/24/74 at Winterland, Dark Star>Morning Dew and Sugar Magnolia>Not Fade Away>GDTRFB>Not Fade Away, Baby Blue. This three night run of shows to start 1974 is excellent throughout, almost on the level of the three nights at Winterland in November, 1973. Here's to hoping February 1974 gets the same treatment as November 1973 someday...

We'll look forward to seeing you next week here at the Tapers' Section as we get rolling into March.

David Lemieux

I missed that earlier - thanks for posting the link.

To Terrapin: Hartford, May 28, 1977

And the whistle is screaming...

...Terrapin

3 Disc Set

Whether or not the fabled spring tour of 1977 was, as many Dead Heads believe, the strongest Grateful Dead tour ever, it was unquestionably a magical time stuffed-to-overflowing with amazing shows. Say the word

The track Little Sunflower from the June 4th 1975 Keystone show is pretty cool. This serves as a good example of what a great AUD tape can sound like. I'd like to have this show - I found it on bt.etree.org, but it's a dead seed, of course.

Someone just uploaded this up on etree.

Artist Garcia

Show LOM 7/4/75 - Great American Music Hall - San Francisco, CA [DTS Audio 5.1 Surround Sound]

Report this as

non-Trade-Friendly Email us

Torrent lom1975-07-04.DTS.tobin.91485.flac.torrent (click to download)

Downloads as lom1975-07-04.DTS.tobin.91485.flac

Info hash bf01a07a76d89c8839b415d31f1d18b174005222

db link http://db.etree.org/shn/91485 | Show | Source

Description Legion of Mary

Great American Music Hall,

San Francisco, CA

07/04/75

DTS-Audio-CD 5.1 Mix

Set 1:

d1t01 - I'll Take A Melody

d1t02 - I Feel Like Dynamite

d1t03 - Someday Baby

d1t04 - That's All Right, Mama

d1t05 - Mississippi Moon

d1t06 - Boogie On Reggae Women

Set 2:

d2t01 - Tough Mama

d2t02 - Little Sunflower

d2t03 - Tore Up Over You

d2t04 - Every Word You Say

d3t01 - My Problems Got Problems

d3t02 - It's Too Late

d3t03 - Harder They Come

One of my favorite version of "Visions" they ever did (there's one a little more magical but I'm forgetting where it's from right now):

This is sounding really good right now.

One of my favorite version of "Visions" they ever did (there's one a little more magical but I'm forgetting where it's from right now):

Proof that even towards the end, when Jerry wanted to he could still bring it! Making his death even more tragic....

Proof that even towards the end, when Jerry wanted to he could still bring it! Making his death even more tragic....

Yeah the Visions of Johanna from the final shows at Soldier Field is great too. It's featured on that Garcia Plays Dylan compilation.