• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this and if the season ended today, this is how I would vote in a poll if I had a vote:

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. USC

5. Alabama

Alabama may prove me wrong, but I just feel that, were I a betting man, I would have to take all four of those teams ahead of Alabama with no spread on a neutral field.

How would you rank them?

1. Florida

2. Alabama

3. Texas

4. USC

5. Oklahoma

I think it is close between Texas and Alabama. But defense wins. Which explains why Oklahoma is way down toward the bottom of my rankings. And of course I could be eating those words as soon as this weekend if Florida puts up their usual 45.

I'm really interested in the Alabama-Florida game. Alabama's schedule has been so soft this year, it's easy to understand why the consensus is that Florida will definitely beat them.

Hopefully, Florida will win an ugly and close game making both teams look bad.

I'm really interested in the Alabama-Florida game. Alabama's schedule has been so soft this year, it's easy to understand why the consensus is that Florida will definitely beat them.

Hopefully, Florida will win an ugly and close game making both teams look bad.

I'm hoping it's more along the lines of the UGA-GT game last weekend. Lots of offense and interesting to watch. As of now I have no idea who I'm rooting for.

WJOX out of Birmingham is reporting Tuberville has been let go at Auburn.

kinda saw that coming....maybe Petrino or Saban will want the job? Too Soon?!?

Bud Foster would be a good choice, Brian Kelly from Cincy as well, Auburn needs an offensive coach though, Mike Leach in the SEC maybe?

Weis is staying on for another year. I think thats the right choice, although they really don't have a leg to stand on as to why they fired Ty Willingham now.

Thank goodness he is sticking around. I predict that Michigan will beat ND on Sept. 12, 2009. And since my team is not in any bowl this year

Go Blue!!! Beat Western!!!! on 9/5/09

if USC and Penn State play this year it will be very similar to the USC-Illinois rose bowl game last year and the Florida-Ohio State national title game two years ago

Nah, I disagree. USC is the better team, but I don't think it will be quite the shellacking that those two games you referenced were. Illinois overachieved last year and was overmatched in their bowl game, OSU meanwhile has sleepwalked through the last couple seasons and seem perennially unprepared for a fight, despite having enough talent to play with anybody.

Penn State is a good team this year--ranked right about where they should be, and they'll come into it with confidence (and without the mental baggage that OSU carries around these days). I'm not saying JoePa's boys will win, but I'll take the under on that game.

Nah, I disagree. USC is the better team, but I don't think it will be quite the shellacking that those two games you referenced were. Illinois overachieved last year and was overmatched in their bowl game, OSU meanwhile has sleepwalked through the last couple seasons and seem perennially unprepared for a fight, despite having enough talent to play with anybody.

Penn State is a good team this year--ranked right about where they should be, and they'll come into it with confidence (and without the mental baggage that OSU carries around these days). I'm not saying JoePa's boys will win, but I'll take the under on that game.

I think it would be an interesting game. I mean, why should we assume USC is so great (even though I do)? The Pac10 is rotten.

While we haven't had a tough time with Big 10 opponents as of late.... (Ohio State this year, last few rose bowls, etc.) ...we also haven't played the number 1 big 10 school in any particular year in a while. Michigan in 2006 and Illinois in 2007 were the number 2 teams in the conference, much like Ohio State this year. So my feeling is that it'll be a much better game than we've seen, and we have no reason to be cocky.

Birmingham News is officially reporting that ears is out at Auburn. There are also reports that Petrino and Leach have been contacted about the job. This comes one day after Colonial Bank got a $500 million bailout. That sure created a lot of petty cash for Bobby Lowder to pay that $6 million buyout.

I dont see how Petrino can be taken seriously if he goes to Auburn, that guys resume would cover the state of Alabama

Brian Kelly would be a good fit at Auburn

ESPN claims that Petrino has it in his contract that he can't leave for an SEC West team.

I dont see how Petrino can be taken seriously if he goes to Auburn, that guys resume would cover the state of Alabama

Brian Kelly would be a good fit at Auburn

Didn't Brian Kelly come out and say he was staying at Cincinnati? That they are building new facilities, etc.

ESPN claims that Petrino has it in his contract that he can't leave for an SEC West team.

I heard that too, but I don't understand it. Wouldn't leaving for another job be breaching the existing contract in any event? Why does it matter who he leaves for?

I agree with others that Brian Kelly would be a great hire. I've been really impressed with the way he held that team together despite a train wreck of injuries at the QB position (not to mention the whole Ben Mauk controversy at the beginning of the year).

Didn't Brian Kelly come out and say he was staying at Cincinnati? That they are building new facilities, etc.

I take any comments like that with a grain of salt, especially from Kelly who's Dad was a politician in the Boston area, we will see how far the apple falls from the tree moving forward

kinda saw that coming....maybe Petrino or Saban will want the job? Too Soon?!?

Petrino has a non compete clause with SEC West teams. Also, I'm sure he's anxious to see what this hellacious recruiting class is going to do.

I heard that too, but I don't understand it.

Exhibit A: Colonel Dale

I think Petrino can and will win at Arkansas if he stays put for 4-5 years, I think he will do really well with Ryan Mallet, Petrino is obviously recruiting well landing guys like Darius Winston, Knile Davis, Neal Barlow, Colby Berna, etc etc and he is locking up the state of Arkansas which is key, only big name recruit they have lost is Derek Johsnon

New facilities are nice and all, but realistically, Cinci is hardly thought of as a "football school" even in its own state, let alone nationally. In recent years it has become a nice "stepping stone" job for coaches on their way to bigger things. Kudos to him if he really wants to stick around and try to build the program long term, but man.......Auburn. That would be a tough call to turn down.

New facilities are nice and all, but realistically, Cinci is hardly thought of as a "football school" even in its own state, let alone nationally.

Not historically, but this is the school that just won the Big East's BCS bid, went 10-2, and is ranked 13th in both the AP and BCS.

There's not really any reason they can't develop a football reputation there.

New facilities are nice and all, but realistically, Cinci is hardly thought of as a "football school" even in its own state, let alone nationally. In recent years it has become a nice "stepping stone" job for coaches on their way to bigger things. Kudos to him if he really wants to stick around and try to build the program long term, but man.......Auburn. That would be a tough call to turn down.

It is probably not a coincidence that Kelly made the statement about staying at Cinci around the time it was learned that ND was not going to fire Fat Charlie. Kelly would have been the perfect hire for the Irish. If Auburn calls, Kelly is packing his bags. However, does Auburn have any interest? His is not one of the names that I saw on the list of coaches AU is looking at.

Sept. 5 can't get here fast enough. Go Blue!!!