• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muschamp the next head coach at Texa$ huh? Sure good DC but OU and Tech really had their ways with UT's defense this year, he has done ok but not that great, Im not sure what I would think of this if I was wearing burnt orange, not that the head coach for a program like Texa$ or U$C matters that much, those teams should make the BCS every year no excuses, heck their second stringers are probably ranked in the high teens right now, Muschamp will probably have to stop head butting players when he becomes the head coach....right?

I laughed when I saw the words trauma and coaching search when it came to the head football coach at Texa$ in the same article, yes haha..... its going to be very hard to find a good coach who wants to be there

Muschamp the next head coach at Texa$ huh? Sure good DC but OU and Tech really had their ways with UT's defense this year, he has done ok but not that great, Im not sure what I would think of this if I was wearing burnt orange, not that the head coach for a program like Texa$ or U$C matters that much, those teams should make the BCS every year no excuses, heck their second stringers are probably ranked in the high teens right now, Muschamp will probably have to stop head butting players when he becomes the head coach....right?

I laughed when I saw the words trauma and coaching search when it came to the head football coach at Texa$ in the same article, yes haha..... its going to be very hard to find a good coach who wants to be there

As with any head coach prospect, you never know what you are going to get once he actually becomes the head coach. But I think you're a little too enamored with yardage statistics instead of looking at the big picture of how Muschamp's defense has performed this year. Of course, first of all, who hasn't Oklahoma and Texas Tech lit it up against?

Against OU, Texas held them to less than 2 yards a carry, sacked Bradford 3 times and picked him off twice, while limiting OU to 14 second-half points.

Against Tech, the defense didn't fare quite as well. But Texas was a dropped interception away from giving up only 3 second-half points.

All of this against 2 of the top 3 offenses in the nation with a brand new secondary and an underachieving linebacker corps from a year ago. He's also been able to get a lot out of Sergio Kindle this year, who had largely just shown flashes of potential.

And I forgot to mention the first half against Missouri, yet another prolific Big 12 offense.

Plus, this locks up the DC and gives Texas continuity there that it has largely lacked over the last six years.

And after suffering through the McWilliams and Mackovic years, locking up a guy like this to be a successor looks to be a great move as he learns the CEO aspects of the job from one of the best.

you had me until "one of the best", Texa$ should make the BCS every year, Mack brown is just ok considering what he gets to work with year in and year out, I mean one Big 12 title in 11 years? Hell, Frank Solich and Gary Barnett won a Big 12 titles

Doesn't it get tiresome typing in a dollar sign for the 's' in Texas?

not that the head coach for a program like Texa$ or U$C matters that much, those teams should make the BCS every year no excuses, heck their second stringers are probably ranked in the high teens right now

USC was a very mediocre team in the nineties and early 00's before Pete Caroll got there. They are only a top tier program right now because of their head coach.

Steve Spurrier is not getting the results he wants, but the South Carolina coach said Tuesday he remains committed to seeing things through with the Gamecocks.

While dispelling rumors that he will retire at season

Doesn't it get tiresome typing in a dollar sign for the 's' in Texas?

Not only that, but I don't really get it. Is Texas expensive? As insults go, it isn't as catchy or as derogatory as calling a team something like "Free Shoes University" or "Michigan".

Needs some work. :wave

Not only that, but I don't really get it. Is Texas expensive? As insults go, it isn't as catchy or as derogatory as calling a team something like "Free Shoes University" or "Michigan".

Needs some work. :wave

Damn, I wish my team had a chance Saturday so I could come back with some witty zinger. Instead, I'll just go with

Go Blue!!!! Beat tUoOS!!!!

Perhaps it's an allusion to the fact that UT has far and away the largest endowment of any public university in the country.
Or its self-sufficient, money-making athletic department.

Yeah,my point was just that you can throw that "$" at pretty much any major program. I dunno, I was just pointing out that it was a silly argument. Nevermind, carry on.

Damn, I wish my team had a chance Saturday so I could come back with some witty zinger.

Oh, come on. Its OSU/Michigan week--if you can't work up the energy to make a few wild pre-game boasts with no basis in reality, then things must be even worse up there than I thought!

Perhaps it's an allusion to the fact that UT has far and away the largest endowment of any public university in the country.

Interesting school endowment figures.

Between the Universtiy of Texas System and The Texas A&M University System and Foundations, the endowments total $16,574,876,000 in 2005 and $22,204,000,000 in 2006

In 1876, the Texas Constitution formed the PUF, into which proceeds from leases and royalties on state land would be deposited. The discovery of huge oil reserves in the early 1900's dramatically increased the size of the PUF.

The PUF principal in fall 2005 was approximately $15 billion, second only to Harvard University's endowment. The PUF primarily serves the University of Texas System, which receives two thirds of its proceeds. The remaining third goes to the Texas A&M University System.

With the escalating price of oil and natural gas, I imagine the figures for 2008 and 2009 with be significantly greater.

2005 Top 15 Public University Endowments

2006 University Endowment figures

State of Texas Permanent University Fund

However, a University's endowment does not equate Football success...

2008 Big 12 Football Standings

North Big 12 Overall

Missouri 5-2 9-2

Nebraska 4-3 7-4

Kansas 3-4 6-5

Colorado 2-5 5-6

Kansas State 1-6 4-7

Iowa State 0-7 2-9

South Big 12 Overall

Texas Tech 6-0 10-0

Texas 6-1 10-1 *

Oklahoma 5-1 9-1

Oklahoma State 5-2 9-2

Baylor 2-5 4-7

Texas A&M 2-5 4-7 *

What a putz:

Michigan State fans find themselves in an odd spot Saturday.

They obviously want the Spartans to beat No. 8 Penn State and earn a share of the Big Ten championship. But for Michigan State to reach the Rose Bowl, it needs a win and an Ohio State loss to Michigan (ABC, noon ET). So if Spartan Nation wants the best possible outcome for its team, it needs to root for the hated Wolverines to upset No. 10 Ohio State, which isn't an exciting proposition.

At least one prominent member of the Michigan State family won't be yelling, "Go Blue!" on Saturday.

"I'm not rooting for Michigan," said head coach Mark Dantonio, who has spent 11 of the last 14 years working for Michigan State or Ohio State. "I'm going to focus on our task at hand here and worry about the things we can control. I have too many good friends and too many people that wouldn't let me back into their house to let me do that.

"So Go Bucks."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigten/0-2-716/...Wolverines.html

Now I really hope Michigan wins on Saturday so that Sparty will only have himself to blame for not going to the Rose Bowl when they have their epic failure in Happy Valley.

Go Blue!!! Beat tUoOS!!!

I'm glad we have a week off so I can relax. Go Tigers!

Fixed it for you.

Sorry about the devastating loss to Florida last weekend.. Yeah, Florida is the best team in the country right now, but that was just brutal... It was almost hard to watch.... almost.. :lol

The ACC has to be the strangest conference this year. Georgia Tech beating Miami by almost 3 TDs? Does any team want to win the conference title?

I'm glad we have a week off so I can relax. Go Virginia!

UM sucks.

I dislike them.

Fixed it for you.

Sorry about the devastating loss to Florida last weekend.. Yeah, Florida is the best team in the country right now, but that was just brutal... It was almost hard to watch.... almost.. :lol

I will never say Go Tigers. Ever. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it. :lol Did I tell you that my niece has started saying Boo Tigers? We didn't even teach it to her, she just picked it up somehow...

Yeah, I haven't had much to say about that Florida debacle, mainly because I had to go to a wedding and missed the game. I doubt I would've watched it if I could've. Not after the first quarter anyway.

Da U UM sucks.

I dislike them.

Fixed it for you. I was about to write a nasty blurb about your school before I realized that not everyone in the universe realizes that UM=Michigan.

And your right UM and U of M do suck this year. Which will make beating tUoOS all the sweeter.

Go Blue!!! Beat tUoOS!!!

Fixed it for you. I was about to write a nasty blurb about your school before I realized that not everyone in the universe realizes that UM=Michigan.

And your right UM and U of M do suck this year. Which will make beating tUoOS all the sweeter.

Go Blue!!! Beat tUoOS!!!

UM is University of Miami. Michigan is Michigan. This is how the world works outside of the upper midwest.