MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove League

KRod is still one of the best closers in the game, top 5 for sure, I probably go...

-Rivera

-Nathan

-Papelbon

-KRod

-Lidge

Fuentes is very underrated as well, Soria in KC is good but there are rumors he will end up in their rotation soon

When healthy, Wagner is still better than KRod. There are a bunch of guys who could be pretty good if given the opportunity, including the guy who set up for him for about 6 years (Scot Shields, who consistently pitched more high leverage innings than KRod).

He's probably a top 5 closer, but he might not be a top 20 reliever.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loss of velocity isn't necessarily bad or an indication of anything wrong.

Incorrect. It is almost always necessarily bad or an indication of something wrong (whether that's an injury or just getting older). Some pitchers have the mojo to adjust, but those pitchers are rare, and even still, I wouldn't say that makes a loss of velocity not necessarily bad. Having to change the way you pitch if you are a successful pitcher would be a bad thing in my mind.

Boston fan here but I live in NY and Sabathia was all over the morning Sports Talk shows. One thing I didn't hear anyone talking about was Sabathia's ARod-esque failure in the postseason with both Cleveland and Milwaukee. He gets in a lot if innings during the season and it looks like it affects his post season play. Granted, he's one of the premier pitchers in the game right now and he may well get the Yankees to the playoffs this year but it is yet to been seen how Sabathia can carry a team in the playoffs.

Don't be making fun of Arod's failures in the post-season. It's irrelevant because of how awesome he is in the regular season.

Then Yankee fans will be happy to have individual players have awesome regular seasons and not make the playoffs or go out in the first round. I don't know if that goes along with George/Hal/Hank's plan for their team.