MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove League

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laird is a solid vet catcher, he is good behind the plate and a good clubhouse guy, they were able to trade him cuz the Rangers have 3 young catchers they are high on in Salty, Taylor Teagarden, and Max Ramierz who might be the best of the bunch but is still young, Texas is still trying to trade Salty to the Bo Sox......good trade by my Rangers, anyone who can pitch is always welcome...unless its like Chan Ho park

He really wasn't a HoF player. Very good, but not good enough, IMO.

I know it's subjective, but I think you're wrong here. Check the stats. Especially in the categories valued in today's game, he definitely deserved it.

Bill James lists Santo in his top 100 players of all time. Basically, Santo was a prick during his playing years, which probably explains his absence more than anything else.

Dodgers sign Mark Loretta.

K-Rod likely to sign with the Mets by the end of the Winter meetings.

Tigers looking at J.J. Putz.

Red Sox interested in Pettitte.

Three team deal in the works to send Peavy to the Cubs, and some Phillies prospects to San Diego, with Mark DeRosa and possibly Jason Marquis headed to Philadelphia.

Giambi likely to sign with Oakland.

The Rangers are shopping Michael Young, though will probably have trouble finding a team willing to take his big contract (5 years, $80 million left on it).

Nobody will take Young, a huge contrats for a SS with limited range and a singles hitter, he is a good player and clutch hitter and a good club house guy but I dont know why my Rangers gave him so much money.....I have heard Ozzie really likes him and wants him as a White Sock to play 2nd with Alexei Ramirez at SS

if Texas is able to trade Young than Elvis Andrus will start at SS who had 54 steals in AA last year and will bat leadoff right away

Nobody will take Young, a huge contrats for a SS with limited range and a singles hitter, he is a good player and clutch hitter and a good club house guy but I dont know why my Rangers gave him so much money.....I have heard Ozzie really likes him and wants him as a White Sock to play 2nd with Alexei Ramirez at SS

should be 'Sox'.

FYI

Those red tops Boston had were not that great looking, but better than those hideous Pirates ones. Not really a fan of solid red for baseball uniforms.