Hold on just one damn minute...

thanks. new stuff just posted...

yeshesblack.jpg

didin't seem to get much a conversation going on the media's focus on his race here, so i had to gripe about it there.

I find it interesting the Obama distinctly avoided appealing to a racial factor in this campaign. Now, it is almost all the media can talk about.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WIth regards to Blagovich appointing a sucessor to Obama or Emannuel I think it would be in his best interests if he consulted with the President-Elect prior to making the choice.

He'll probably appoint himself.

I find it interesting the Obama distinctly avoided appealing to a racial factor in this campaign. Now, it is almost all the media can talk about.

62% of those polled say the economy was the number 1 issue. Everything else was a distant second. I'm pretty sure people were more comfortable with his economic plan. I really didn't see anything that indicated people said "lets give the black guy a shot to fix it...." Like an episode of Weeds: Obama turns the West Wing into a grow house.

WIth regards to Blagovich appointing a sucessor to Obama or Emannuel I think it would be in his best interests if he consulted with the President-Elect prior to making the choice.

judges.jpg

One thing that both parties should take from this election:

A plumber is NOT smarter than a former Harvard law graduate. Don't float that weak shit anymore,

62% of those polled say the economy was the number 1 issue. Everything else was a distant second. I'm pretty sure people were more comfortable with his economic plan. I really didn't see anything that indicated people said "lets give the black guy a shot to fix it...." Like an episode of Weeds: Obama turns the West Wing into a grow house.

Exactly.

Wilco, Obama, the Olympics..when will it be enough for you Chicago elitists?

Imagine how arrogant we would be if the Cubs won it all this year after all that hype? Thank goodness Obama is a closer.

It's a pretty big deal for a black man to be elected president, when less than 50 years ago we were dealing with...

71296-004-0B8CB497.jpg

Birmingham_campaign_water_hoses.jpg

colored-only-sign.jpg

civility-rights.jpg

I don't think there's anything wrong with the media covering the fact that it's a monumental moment for African-Americans.

Strange fruit.

My neighbor just now when I asked her if she voted: "If I had, I would have voted for McCain. You can bet every goddam black in Kansas City voted for Obama because he was black. No other reason."

This is a woman 20 years younger than me.

The point really was that race wasn't a factor in why he was elected, but that he was simply better.

I understand that was your point (and I certainly voted for him because he was a better candidate), but El Famous is bemoaning all the discussion of race in the media. I think it's unrealistic to expect the media to gloss over the fact that he's black, when to me it's kinda obvious why it's a big deal. :hmm

"I was born in 1941, the year Pearl Harbor was bombed. It has been dark ever since. I guess things are really gonna change now" - Bob Dylan live at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Nov 4, 2008, right before the last song of the show, Blowing In The Wind.

Of course there's a school of thought that would say we don't put it behind us until we put it behind us. I'm not sure when that happens

or who decides, but I sure hope we don't get four years of belittling everthing the guy does....

first black president to end a war

first black president to invade a country

first black president to pardon a turkey

first black president to light the white house christmas tree

Strange fruit.

My neighbor just now when I asked her if she voted: "If I had, I would have voted for McCain. You can bet every goddam black in Kansas City voted for Obama because he was black. No other reason."

This is a woman 20 years younger than me.

but bobbob said people in his age group don't see race as an issue.

I don't know how many times I've been overcome by tears of joy, relief and pride today. Many.

they make pills for that

but bobbob said people in his age group don't see race as an issue.

One can find exceptions to any rule, but polls show that it is far less an issue

on a whole for his age group than it ever has been.

I understand that was your point (and I certainly voted for him because he was a better candidate), but El Famous is bemoaning all the discussion of race in the media. I think it's unrealistic to expect the media to gloss over the fact that he's black, when to me it's kinda obvious why it's a big deal. :hmm

i never said it's not a big deal, certainly didn't need a picture of a fucking lynching to remind me how far things have come and i never stated that the media should 'gloss over' anything. i just staetd it shouldn't be the only thing and that, personally, i found the more compelling story about how he transcended his race.

so, really, you didn't get my point at all.