Hold on just one damn minute...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope he does stay to the middle, because (and i've said it before) i think the real america and reality in general resides there.

I have no fear of this, he has very smart advisors.

I don't agree with Louie on all things, and I never feel like he is talking down to me. And I am a bit younger than he is, but not by much-10 years maybe? I can't help but think you mistake his enthusiasm and years of experience both as a liberal and a human being (which for me counts for something whether i buy into what he's saying or not) for prickishness. But I do not.
thanks for your vote of confidence.

Talking down to people here? Oh yea I am the ONLY person here who does that I am sure. (insert sarcasm here...not to jen, but to the rest ). These have been the nastiest motherfucking threads I have seen (well since 4 years ago when then were somewhat naster) and certainly there is a large degree of assertion by a large number of folks that they are correct and everyone else is wrong. The only things I asserted here over the past few months were that politics is the art of compromise and that Obama was the best candidate for the job. The fact that people wanted to pick him apart based on what they perceived was his inexperience, his being too left, his being too right, etc. etc. was (were) my only point (s). I am totally convinced that he is smart enough to know that he has to govern from the center. He made that pretty clear last night in what was a brilliant and heart felt speech.

Perhaps the only thing I talked down to people about, and frankly I don't regret this because I don't think I was wrong, was that voting third party this year was really pretty stupid and short sighted. I won't take this back. My comment earlier (to put a finer point on it) was that those of us who voted for Obama made history. Those who voted for Nader or Green (not mixing in Barr or Paul here because those people are pretty much in McCain territory anyway) voted against their own self interest. Sorry, I won't take that back. In another year and another election voting from the left for a third party might be the answer, but in a year when we had the opportunity to put a really smart, really empathic and actually a person of color in the highest office of the land, voting for those other guys was dumb. Sorry..won't take that back.

LouieB

I hope the Obamas get their dog or puppy at the DC Humane Society. They have a great program that trains soldiers who have come home from Iraq, Afghanistan, etc injured, to start a new career in animal care. It is a 6 month program that either trains them to be vet techs, or gets them ready to go into Vet School if they want to become animal doctors. I heard a report on it on our local NPR affiliate (WAMU, you can probably find it on line) and it is clearly a very important program for these soldiers who come home feeling less than whole...

In any event, they should get a cat too.

Well, here's the thing. I think crappy beer definitely says something about a person's character. I mean, when there's no other beer around, that is one thing, but why would anyone, knowingly, choose a shitty beer?

Bad beer is just bad. I'm totally a beer snob. But, I'm also still drunk from last night and feeling like I never wanna taste beer again! I drank too many of these last night..

dqktj4.jpg

Oh but I'm severely allergic and if I want to go hang w/ the Prez and the Wilcos that just won't work ;)

I'd be happier to hear that they were adopting an adult dog from the animal shelter. Who the hell is going to be running a puppy outside five times a night when you live at the white house?

The Secret Service.

I just adpted 2 babies that have been in a cage @ the shelter since July. We named them Obama and Pongo. I'll post pics later. FHF is mad at me because we now have 5 dogs and 6 cats...as if that's too many. There is a 40 pound (well it's big) cat there waiting to be put on the adoptable list. I may go back for that one as well, don't tell FHF.

So Louie hasn't been condescending at all during this election cycle?

So telling me that I'm clueless because I'm young and considered not voting for Obama isn't condescending? What the fuck? Are you guys all fucking high?

Fine, he's the elder statesman of the board and he's probably super nice in person, but over the last few months, he hasn't been that way. If you agree with him, fine, but let's not parse our words here. I realize I've also been an overbearing, argumentative dick. At least I'm self aware.

So telling me that I'm clueless because I'm young and considered not voting for Obama isn't condescending? What the fuck? Are you guys fucking retarded?

Calm down, sonny.

I just adpted 2 babies that have been in a cage @ the shelter since July. We named them Obama and Pongo. I'll post pics later. FHF is mad at me because we now have 5 dogs and 6 cats...as if that's too many. There is a 40 pound (well it's big) cat there waiting to be put on the adoptable list. I may go back for that one as well, don't tell FHF.

As long as they are getting food, shelter and vet care, it is not considered hoarding. Don't ask me how I know this.

So telling me that I'm clueless because I'm young and considered not voting for Obama isn't condescending? What the fuck? Are you guys all fucking high?

Fine, he's the elder statesman of the board and he's probably super nice in person, but over the last few months, he hasn't been that way. If you agree with him, fine, but let's not parse our words here. I realize I've also been an overbearing, argumentative dick. At least I'm self aware.

I don't want to speak for Louie, but I have never thought he wasn't self aware, he just doesn't care if you take what he says as offensive. Do you care that folks might think that you're an overbearing argumentative young dick? If you do care what people think of you when why be like that, and if you don't care then you're not any different than Lou.

Move on, please, we're talking about presidential pets now.

I don't want to speak for Louie, but I have never thought he wasn't self aware, he just doesn't care if you take what he says as offensive. Do you care that folks might think that you're an overbearing argumentative young dick? If you do care what people think of you when why be like that, and if you don't care then you're not any different than Lou.

Move on, please, we're talking about presidential pets now.

So it's not condescending if you are aware if it and just don't give a fuck, even if you've been called out on it just about every other day?

Believe whatever you want, and vote for whoever you want, but if you call me "clueless" because I don't support the same guy as you with the same fever, its going to piss me off.

Simpsons_CrazyCatLady.jpg

Congrats to all Obama supporters. I like that an a man of color finally got elected to President. I would prefer if our first President of color were of the Conservative bent, but that day will come. This election proves that America IS a land of opportunity for ALL.

Speaking of all this talk of Barack being our first black President,

What if Barack was only 1/4 black? Would he still be considered a black President? What if he was only 1/8 black? 1/16?

Maybe if he was 1/8 black but was very light skinned, he would NOT be considered black, but if he was of dark-ish color he WOULD be considered black. Or what if he had an Italian Mother and a half-black/half-Cuban Father....technically that would make him more Italian than black or cuban, but he'd surely look dark like an African-American and most would probably call him a black candidate....which would piss me off if I was Italian-American....I'd want MY race represented.

(I hope this election is a HUGE step towards the day where we don't have to keep pointing out the skin color of somebody and can just like or dislike a candidate because we don't like his views.)

That's right.... And the fact is you haven't yet owned up to what this election was about yet. Again, I am the only overbearing argumentative dick on this thread (right!!!!!) Don't you feel good for a change? We elected Barack Obama...you helped; and incidently i wasn't the only one brow beating you about this; I didn't give up and guess what?? BARACK WON FLA and you helped...yea you....you did this? What else do you want. Gore didn't win FLA, Kerry didn't win FLA, but Obama did and you helped put him over the top. We have YOU to thank for this and you have ME to thank for pushing you so fucking hard.

(Oh yea...and if you read my last post..I admit to being condescending on the issue of third party candidates in this election.....okay?)

LouieB

Bingo. I think i may have just found my new career.

I was a critter nanny in Colorado. I worked with a woman who owned a doggie daycare and had a zillion ferrets. I had about 30 or so dogs all to myself each day to look after. I could see the Rocky Mountains, play with dogs all day, and get paid! I also ran an in home pet sitting business on the side. I left Colorado with a love for dogs and subaru outbacks!