Hold on just one damn minute...

This is a serious question: Does Obama always use the preacher cadence in his speeches?

No.I saw Obama speak 3 times this past month and most of the time he was just talking to us like a regular guy. Last week he was so much more relaxed and less annoying. I enjoyed hearing him talk about MO and our leaders. Got tired of the speech parts I had heard over and over on TV, but he had a good balance between being real and being rehearsed,and lots of humor. All the rallies I went to were so positive.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's Fox News's pundit-heavy shows that give them the bad rap. Whenever Brit Hume is at the helm, I definitely think they have the most objective coverage.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Hume was once a respected journalist -- when he worked for ABC. Fox News has brought out the partisan in him, and he has said some pretty jaw-dropping things there.

That said, Fox's coverage last night was probably the closest to "fair and balanced" I've ever witnessed on that channel.

I have to agree with you on your take on LouieB in the locked thread. I always feel like he's talking down to me. It's too bad, because I agree with him on most things.

I don't agree with Louie on all things, and I never feel like he is talking down to me. And I am a bit younger than he is, but not by much-10 years maybe? I can't help but think you mistake his enthusiasm and years of experience both as a liberal and a human being (which for me counts for something whether i buy into what he's saying or not) for prickishness. But I do not.

Damn if I knew McCain had a PhD in economics, made over 500K a year and hated Mexicans, I probably would have voted for him.

I don't have cable or any of that crap, so I watched NBC and PBS. I like Jim Lehrer's crew. After a while PBS was getting too analytical. That was a good thing during the debates, but I was tired and I just wanted to see the numbers come in. NBC provided the numbers and it was the station that gets the best reception in my house, so they won.

Brit Hume is the worst person on television. EDIT: ok maybe that's rash, but he's beyond awful.

Isn't he on cable or any of that crap?

Depends what kind of beer we're drinking.

Well, here's the thing. I think crappy beer definitely says something about a person's character. I mean, when there's no other beer around, that is one thing, but why would anyone, knowingly, choose a shitty beer?

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Hume was once a respected journalist -- when he worked for ABC. Fox News has brought out the partisan in him, and he has said some pretty jaw-dropping things there.

That said, Fox's coverage last night was probably the closest to "fair and balanced" I've ever witnessed on that channel.

Fox News is like the WalMart of TV for me so I refuse to watch it, and the few times I've caught Brit Hume on the telly when at the inlaws or with grandfather, he makes me gnash my teeth and want to through a brick through the screen right between his eyes, so yeah, I think he's a piece of shit since he joined fox. i can't help but feel like he's the dude in the Angel puppet episode where the evil puppets have their hand up his ass making him talk. Except he's there of his own free will, not because of some magick that a giant egg in the basement is emitting.

Fox News is like the WalMart of TV for me so I refuse to watch it, and the few times I've caught Brit Hume on the telly when at the inlaws or with grandfather, he makes me gnash my teeth and want to through a brick through the screen right between his eyes, so yeah, I think he's a piece of shit since he joined fox. i can't help but feel like he's the dude in the Angel puppet episode where the evil puppets have their hand up his ass making him talk. Except he's there of his own free will, not because of some magick that a giant egg in the basement is emitting.

He's retiring soon, so there's that.

Am I the only one excited about what was clearly the most important part of his speech: his girls are getting a puppy!!

I'd be happier to hear that they were adopting an adult dog from the animal shelter. Who the hell is going to be running a puppy outside five times a night when you live at the white house?

I'd be happier to hear that they were adopting an adult dog from the animal shelter. Who the hell is going to be running a puppy outside five times a night when you live at the white house?

The Secretary of the Interior, most likely.

Seeing yourself in your candidate?

Excepting the economics PhD and the $500K, pretty much.

They're supposed to be adopting one. Maybe he said puppy because it sounds cuter than dog. Anyway some months back the AKC sponsored a poll to see what kind of dog they should adopt, and I am not a fan of promoting purebreds when there are so many fantastic mutts out there. Plus I mean, how hypocritical would that be? :stunned

Isn't he on cable or any of that crap?

My dad has cable and watches Fox all the time. He lives near me, so I visit fairly often. Therefore, I get to watch Fox News regularly.

Did Jeff Tweedy show up at Grant Park? I fell asleep (even though it was only, like 8 pm out here)

Someone in one of these many threads seemed to have a picture of him there. I think it's in the Rally Night one.