Hold on just one damn minute...

Congrats to all Obama supporters. I like that an a man of color finally got elected to President. I would prefer if our first President of color were of the Conservative bent, but that day will come. This election proves that America IS a land of opportunity for ALL.
Right.....and I am accused of being negative and condescending.....right!!!!

Sorry your side didn't win. If the Republicans had put up Colin Powell you could be celebrating today instead of us.

LouieB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job

African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can't catch a break."
So it's not condescending if you are aware if it and just don't give a fuck, even if you've been called out on it just about every other day?

Believe whatever you want, and vote for whoever you want, but if you call me "clueless" because I don't support the same guy as you with the same fever, its going to piss me off.

I'd say let it go and move on. Let's be positive for at least today :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub lots of time to be assholes later.

Believe me, Lou. You had nothing to do with me voting for Barack.

What is this election about? A black dude winning? That's dumb.

Is it about Barack being the best possible candidate? He wasn't.

For me, it was about McCain not winning. Period. So I voted for Barack. What more do you want?

You aren't the only overbearing, argumentative dick here. But you have been and apparently will continue to be the most condescending person on the board. But as long as you are aware of it, it's cool.

Whatever. He won. I hope I made the right choice.

And I'll admit, I did get chills when he took the stage with his family.

(I hope this election is a HUGE step towards the day where we don't have to keep pointing out the skin color of somebody and can just like or dislike a candidate because we don't like his views.)

quoted for truth...i'll say it again, personally, i'm more impressed with the fact i often forget that he is black...than the fact he is black or half-black or whatever. this decision is much bigger than the 'youth' vote or the 'hispanic' vote or the 'black' vote...the breakdown of the exit polls and the resulting electorate AND polular vote, paint a much more unified picture, IMO.

I'd say let it go and move on. Let's be positive for at least today :wub :wub :wub :wub :wub lots of time to be assholes later.

You are correct...we have to be extra nice to him because he helped put Barack over the top in FLA.....thanks again.... :cheekkiss :cheekkiss :cheekkiss :cheekkiss

LouieB

Move on, please, we're talking about presidential pets now.

LBJ and Yuki:

A5564-10.jpg

LBJ walking Him and Her:

336-2-64.jpg

Somewhere there's a picture of Him and Her playing tug of war in the Oval Office while LBJ works at his desk, but I can't find it.

Believe me, Lou. You had nothing to do with me voting for Barack.

Whatever. He won. I hope I made the right choice.

And I'll admit, I did get chills when he took the stage with his family.

I am sure I didn't.....(not too sure though...)

So tell us...why was it such a hard decision?? No please don't we already heard all that before.

LouieB

Right.....and I am accused of being negative and condescending.....right!!!!

Sorry your side didn't win. If the Republicans had put up Colin Powell you could be celebrating today instead of us.

LouieB

Wow, you not only pulled off the smugness, but you completely diminished Obama

Can I just say how unbelievably irritated I am that Amendment 8 in California and Amendment 2 in Florida passed? Fucking bullshit, state sponsored bigotry.

People absolutely do not understand how far reaching Amendment 2 in Florida is. No more common law marriages and no civil unions for anyone, regardless of sexual orientation.

Can I just say how unbelievably irritated I am that Amendment 8 in California and Amendment 2 in Florida passed? Fucking bullshit, state sponsored bigotry.

People absolutely do not understand how far reaching Amendment 2 in Florida is. No more common law marriages and no civil unions for anyone, regardless of sexual orientation.

That sucks! In time it will change though.

Yeah, we Californians did some great things yesterday (60+% for Obama, yes on 2, no on 4), but I'm still stewing over Prop 8.

Completely unrelated, and completely in the realm of presidential trivia: the death of Obama's grandmother in Hawaii this week got me thinking, has any U.S. president ever taken office with a surviving grandparent? I believe his Kenyan grandmother is still alive.

Oh, and also on the issue of his family, I was sorry that his sister was not there with him last night (I believe they've been in Hawaii). She and her husband and their daughter just add to the lovely mix in that family grouping. I keep thinking of the phrase used by Clinton, that his cabinet would "look like America".

Your "revolution" is over, Mr. Limbaugh! Condolences! The bums lost! My advice is, do what your parents did! Get a job, sir! The bums will always lose-- do you hear me, Limbaugh? THE BUMS WILL ALWAYS LOSE!

rush_limbaugh_0213.jpg

There, that felt better.

Yeah, we Californians did some great things yesterday (60+% for Obama, yes on 2, no on 4), but I'm still stewing over Prop 8.

Completely unrelated, and completely in the realm of presidential trivia: the death of Obama's grandmother in Hawaii this week got me thinking, has any U.S. president ever taken office with a surviving grandparent? I believe his Kenyan grandmother is still alive.

Oh, and also on the issue of his family, I was sorry that his sister was not there with him last night (I believe they've been in Hawaii). She and her husband and their daughter just add to the lovely mix in that family grouping. I keep thinking of the phrase used by Clinton, that his cabinet would "look like America".

His sister actually spent the day watching the election returns in Toot's apartment. She felt she needed to be there. If i had known I would have brought her some snacks.

QFT!!!

From Andrew Sullivan

I hope Obama has the good sense to invite Dennis Haysbert to the White House someday.

Obviously I can't say with any authority that Haysbert made Obama's election possible, but his potrayal of David Palmer on "24" probably helped certain people get used to the idea of a black man in the Oval Office. Did that affect the outcome of the election in any meaningful way? I have no idea. But I think Haysbert deserves a warm welcome at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue regardless.