Hold on just one damn minute...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a sidebar, the john mccain who gave that concession speech last night, is the man i may not have voted for, but would have felt decent enough about having in office. it's amazing to me how awful that campaign was run in contrast to his opponent. i can't and don't begrudge him at all...but to his running mate and the rest of his campaign advisors, i think we need to re-examine what the 'real america' is and can be.

I agree. I almost felt sorry for him that he had no control over his crowd and seemed embarrassed by it, but then I remembered it was him who sold out his character and became all that he had previously disdained.

I agree. I almost felt sorry for him that he had no control over his crowd and seemed embarrassed by it, but then I remembered it was him who sold out his character and became all that he had previously disdained.

He was trying to win an election. Obama didn't exactly follow in his own legistlative footsteps once he set out to become President.

His "crowd" would readily tear him apart if it would save more aborted fetuses and speed up the End of Times.

Continuing my post from last night, though I voted for Obama, what in the hell is up with the AP not declaring GA for McCain yet?

Yahoo (AP) results

99% reporting, a commanding 240k lead that he has held since the early results started coming in, and they WILL NOT call it for McCain, even at 11 AM EST the next day.

WTF?

Obama will have to look to avoid the trap that winners of elections fall into:

1. He cannot assume that the people who voted for him did so for the reasons that he assumes they did.

2. He must not overreach.

3. Electoral rhetoric cannot sustain an administration for any length of time.

4. Presidents do not 'rule', they govern

5. People are going to expect a follow through on promises; however, a President cannot play the 'payoff' game. Keeping the political base satisfied must take second place to the actual governance of the country

6. One must stay focused but also be flexible.

I just hope that he really doesn't believe all this messianic crap that has floated around. High expectations can lead to quick disappointment. America(ns) tends to devour people who disappoint them.

1. He cannot assume that the people who voted for him did so for the reasons that he assumes they did.

4. Presidents do not 'rule', the govern

5. People are going to expect a follow through on promises; however, a President cannot play the 'payoff' game. Keeping the political base satisfied must take second place to the actual governance of the country

I just hope that he really doesn't believe all this messianic crap that has floated around. High expectations can lead to quick disappointment. America(ns) tends to devour people who disappoint them.

Best post on this thread! :thumbup

He was trying to win an election. Obama didn't exactly follow in his own legistlative footsteps once he set out to become President.

like it or not, that is 100% truth. this may just be my view, but there was more of an inclusiveness to the tone of the obama campaign, where mccain seemed to allow himself to become 'maverick' in name only and cowtow to the same exact base of the last 2 elections. somebody should have seen earlier on that wasn't going to play this time around.

I just like to point out that the Republican's failed to jump on the fact that Obama admitted to being a criminal on Monday Night Football earlier this week. Obama said that he had picked UNC to win his March Madness pool, and it had not worked out well for him this year.

March Madness pools are an unsanctioned and illegal form of gambling, and to flaunt his corruption on national TV is just unthinkable.

Continuing my post from last night, though I voted for Obama, what in the hell is up with the AP not declaring GA for McCain yet?

Yahoo (AP) results

99% reporting, a commanding 240k lead that he has held since the early results started coming in, and they WILL NOT call it for McCain, even at 11 AM EST the next day.

WTF?

florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

I just like to point out that the Republican's failed to jump on the fact that Obama admitted to being a criminal on Monday Night Football earlier this week. Obama said that he had picked UNC to win his March Madness pool, and it had not worked out well for him this year.

March Madness pools are an unsanctioned and illegal form of gambling, and to flaunt his corruption on national TV is just unthinkable.

Impeach Obama!

I told my kids they can call me Omama, since I'm the president of our house.

Yahoo (AP) results

WTF?

I think some absentee and early voting numbers have not been factored in yet. 600,000 was the figure I had read.

4. Presidents do not 'rule', the govern

Shorter version: Don't be Bush.

like it or not, that is 100% truth. this may just be my view, but there was more of an inclusiveness to the tone of the obama campaign, where mccain seemed to allow himself to become 'maverick' in name only and cowtow to the same exact base of the last 2 elections. somebody should have seen earlier on that wasn't going to play this time around.

Hey, I agree for the most part. I was just pointing out that both candidates left behind much of what they had voted for before in the interest of running a successful campaign for President. As has been discussed, we still don't know if Obama will revert back to his "most liberal Senator" stances, or stay towards the middle. He's a smart man, so I'm thinking the latter, but Reid and Pelosi were practically drooling last night.

This has nothing to do with the issues he ran on and everything to do with abandoning all the so-called "character" he was so proud of (and rightfully so). He did try to win an election and he sold his soul to do it. I think he may be taking a good long look in the mirror this morning and find himself not too proud of what he did to try to win.

This has nothing to do with the issues he ran on and everything to do with abandoning all the so-called "character" he was so proud of (and rightfully so). He did try to win an election and he sold his soul to do it. I think he may be taking a good long look in the mirror this morning and find himself not too proud of what he did to try to win.

character is subjective

Who did everyone watch last night?

After flipping around every channel, I don't know how anyone can watch the networks. ABC and CBS were terrible. I doubt Charlie Gibson can operate a toaster, much less an interactive map. And how is anyone still taking Katie Couric seriously. I feel sorry for Bob Schieffer, who is 1000 times the journalist she ever will be.

Fox and NBC were okay, I guess, but I can't watch Shepard Smith. He just looks funny to me.

I flipped between Fox News and CNN. Brit Hume is the best lead guy on any of the channels and Juan Williams from NPR was excellent as an analyst.

I know Fox News gets ripped, but I really thought it had the fairest and best coverage of the night. The even better thing about it were they never took themselves too seriously. Again, I think the complaints about Fox News are more of a perception versus reality thing.