Hold on just one damn minute...

This is the first time I ever voted for a winner in a presidential race.

My brother and I were reminiscing last night about the moment he said to me "they've called Florida for Gore; it's in the bag! :dancing "

:hmm

Last night was a much more confident feeling. :lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this fucking thing passed in Arkansas.

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC is hereby given that the following popular name and ballot title for a proposed initiated act has been certified by the Arkansas Attorney General. Pursuant to Arkansas Constitution, Amendment 7, any party may contest the popular name and ballot title as an original action with the Arkansas Supreme Court after the Secretary of State has verified the petition as having the sufficient number of qualified electors

I'm 3-3 in presidential voting.

I confess that this never really occurred to me:

Tokyo fears Obama win gives Chicago edge for '16

Olympics

TOKYO (AP) -- Japanese Olympic officials fear the election of Barack Obama as U.S. president could make his home city of Chicago the favorite to host the 2016 Olympic Games and harm Tokyo's bid.

Tokyo, Chicago, Madrid and Rio de Janeiro are the four cities in the running to host the 2016 Games.

"I wonder how IOC members will react when Mr. Obama appears in a presentation for Chicago," Japanese Olympic Committee President Tsunekazu Takeda told Japanese media Wednesday.

The IOC will name the 2016 host at its general assembly in October next year.

"Mr. Obama is popular and good at speeches, so things could get tough for Japan," said senior JOC board member Tomiaki Fukuda.

I just missed out on the '88 election. It was nice to see CO go blue again. My first Presidential election was when I voted for Clinton in '92, the only time CO went blue (prior to yesterday) in the previous 10 elections. I am 2-2.

I can't believe this fucking thing passed in Arkansas.

Yeah, the next most important aspect of government we need to work on is firming up the separation of church and state. Laws such as this (and Prop 8, etc) are little more than thinly veiled attempts to legislate religious morals

Can I just say how unbelievably irritated I am that Amendment 8 in California and Amendment 2 in Florida passed? Fucking bullshit, state sponsored bigotry.

People absolutely do not understand how far reaching Amendment 2 in Florida is. No more common law marriages and no civil unions for anyone, regardless of sexual orientation.

I am troubled by this trend as well.

Chicago SHOULD get an Olympics.

"Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus"

Interesting election recap...

That's a really good article.

At the GOP convention in St. Paul, Palin was completely unfazed by the boys' club fraternity she had just joined. One night, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter went to her hotel room to brief her. After a minute, Palin sailed into the room wearing nothing but a towel, with another on her wet hair. She told them to chat with her laconic husband, Todd. "I'll be just a minute," she said.

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me

NBC reporting Rahm Emanuel accepts position of White House chief of staff.

wtf? I was trying to figure this out last night and am too lazy to look through the state constitution... do we hold a special election to replace Obama's seat (and I guess maybe Emanuel's?) or does (oh please no) the governor appoint someone?

wtf? I was trying to figure this out last night and am too lazy to look through the state constitution... do we hold a special election to replace Obama's seat (and I guess maybe Emanuel's?) or does (oh please no) the governor appoint someone?

Didn't Delaware re-elect Biden last night too?