Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stevie was probably picked, as a solo artist, more for being a fashion/cultural icon than for anything to do with her actual solo music output. Because, yeah: outside of the Mac, she didn't really have such an amazing career.

That is a good point - had not thought of her impact as a fashion or cultural icon.

Very happy for an old favorite, The Cure. I'm not as into their music as I was 20-plus years ago, but they're still a sentimental fav. Saw them live two nights in NOLA a couple of years, and Bob Smith and Co. still bring it.

• 3 months later...

Just read where Brian Eno will not be joining Roxy Music members "due to prior commitments."

I have now lost the one tiny bit of interest I had in seeing the R&R Hall of Fame show.

I always love this sheeeettt....I think Cure is performing (still not confirmed).  The speeches are sometimes interesting (to see what Robert Smith will say is worth price of admission).  Problem is you cant watch until HBO cuts it up.   Doesn't look like too much drama this year (anyone remember Blondie).   

Nice! Very curious to hear what Reznor and Byrne have to say. Also curious as to who they'll put together for RH covers. Guessing Michael Stipe may be involved. Believe Colin is the only member who will be attending.

Yeah I’m guessing stipe too dang that stinks only Colin!

Yeah I’m guessing stipe too dang that stinks only Colin!

So much for Colin! I just assumed it would only be him as he was the only one who'd expressed any interest in it. Knew Thom was tied up w a piano performance he has coming up, and I couldn't see Jonny getting up there ha. I thought Ed and Phil did a great job, though. Watched a FB stream of it last night.

So much for Colin! I just assumed it would only be him as he was the only one who'd expressed any interest in it. Knew Thom was tied up w a piano performance he has coming up, and I couldn't see Jonny getting up there ha. I thought Ed and Phil did a great job, though. Watched a FB stream of it last night.

I’m sorta glad Phil and Ed got to speak. In all the interview I watch they hardly spoke so it was great hearing it from their prospective!

Where you there?? Or was it shown somewhere? Yeah agree was nice Robert looked really happy

footage is up on the cure fan forum. the transcript of trent reznor's induction speech is up multiple places. very heartfelt & emotional. reports from people who were there said robert appeared moved by it. i watched the cure set on youtube & they sounded amazing. starting the set with "shake dog shake" was awesome!

footage is up on the cure fan forum. the transcript of trent reznor's induction speech is up multiple places. very heartfelt & emotional. reports from people who were there said robert appeared moved by it. i watched the cure set on youtube & they sounded amazing. starting the set with "shake dog shake" was awesome!

Robert was loving it I could tell! Here’s the one vid I shot