Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why they don't do a live stream. I believe I have all the ceremonies VH-1 aired on video tape. The shows are probably heavily edited now (before anyone sees the show.)

I don't know why they don't do a live stream. I believe I have all the ceremonies VH-1 aired on video tape. The shows are probably heavily edited now (before anyone sees the show.)

Cause they want to make money - hence the event at the Barclays Center.

I agree though - a live stream would be nice.

Bitching about the bands that are not on the shirt of the bands that are not in the hall of fame. LOL.

http://www.avclub.com/article/jeff-aments-rock-hall-fame-shirt-called-out-bunch--253441?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Jeff Ament wore a shirt full of bands he would like to see in the RnR Hall. Of course its not all inclusive and people are bitching about who's not on the shirt.

Bitching? Most of those comments are just pretty funny banter.

Big thumbs up to the person who made that Jack Handey reference. Made my day.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why Eddie did not get Pete Townshend to induct the band? I don't know if the other guys are Who freaks, but Eddie sure is.

Well, Neil was the original pick, and he really had a huge impact on PJ, helping them out in the mid-90s when it seemed they might fall apart any moment. PJ were originally Stone and Jeff's band, but Eddie bore the brunt of celebrity (stalkers etc) and also seemed to be taking over control of the band musically as well.  I recently read an interview where one of the band members said that Neil taking PJ (minus Ed) on tour as his band for Mirrorball really helped remind them of their value as musicians. I don't know that Pete had that kind of mentor role across the board with the band. They'd also been doing Neil's Bridge School shows almost biannually since 1992, so Neil I'm sure had plenty of advice for them along the way as they found their ground.

Plus, Neil probably always had better weed than Pete.

I can't imagine the inductees not having complete control on who inducts them - -but who knows, the R&R HOF is a weird organization.

The inductees don't even get tickets to bring their families, and they might not even get in free themselves, so it's no surprise they don't get any say over anything other than their acceptance speeches and live performances.