Wilco Vinyl

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you, I put this thread up yesterday and Look what happens. Freaking cosmic. Oh Oh my! My sweet AM on vinyl.

I can't believe more people aren't excited about this. I am sooo excited!!!!!

I wonder if AM will be on red vinyl again or if they will give it a proper sleeve and put it on black vinyl.

Wow, first I was able to get the first three Son Volt records on vinyl, then Strangers Almanac now, AM and Summerteeth. It is like i'm 21 all over again. How about Brooklyn Side or Down By The Old Mainstream. This kicks1 :dancing

Wow, first I was able to get the first three Son Volt records on vinyl, then Strangers Almanac now, AM and Summerteeth. It is like i'm 21 all over again. How about Brooklyn Side or Down By The Old Mainstream. This kicks1 :dancing

how'd you luck into a copy of Trace?

I got Son Volts 1st three albums all for a total of $80 on ebay. The listing was kinda funny and it was hard to make sure Trace was included. It has a annoying, unfixable scratch near the end of "Tear Stained Eye" but I was happy for that steal. Still have that extra copy of WST to dump... anyone?? Very excited to get "Summerteeth" and maybe MA 2. Too bad it is doubtful that "All Over the Place" will ever become more available...

yeh, i just missed out on trace as i got back into vinyl 2 years ago. my brother still has an unopen copy :dontgetit

any copy i've seen on ebay has commanded a premium. i haven't been super happy with the sound on wst or straightaways, either. not a whole lot better than the cd which isn't usually the case on my setup.

ok back to wilco programming, thanks for the answers.

so we may be getting vinyl and the live dvd in april, save your pennies.

It's odd that this article doesn't mention the vinyl:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/indies...003938792.story

I saw that, too. It'll probably be the first of April before we have more certainty. By then they should be pressed and preparing to ship to retailers. They might be delaying the announcement until they have product in hand.

these releases are great news. these records should be on great sounding vinyl, a bonus from Wilco's gaining popularity and notoriety.

I'll admit, i paid a good price for Summerteeth vinyl but it felt cool to have it, a rarity, collectible item at the time. now im happy it will be rereleased so everyone can enjoy on vinyl

Someone called and left a message for me at work saying the Wilco vinyl IS happening, and I was going to get an email. I still have no email, and the new girl didn't actually write down the message.

Hmmmm!

Hey, Dr., where do you work? and why would you be gettting an email?

They've updated their site and this item is no longer posted -- can someone provide a summary?

I dont remember the specifics, but I think it was just independent confirmation that AM, BT and Summerteeth were being reissued on vinyl. I dont remember if there was a date, or if the Mermaid Ave albums were also being reissued.