Wilco Vinyl

Ok, this is insane. I went to Music Direct this morning and the re releases were there. And you are right, now they are gone. In the meantime, Wilco HQ has released an email with absolutely no mention of the vinyl. Ok, not to sound paranoid, but Wilco HQ is monitoring our discussion here on Via Chicago and have put an end to the Music Direct listings. This is really bizarre. Once again, what kind of buisness sense is this.

Wilco HQ: "people seem to be really interested and longing for Wilco vinyl, we better put an end to that and make it impossible!"

according to music direct they vinyl was taken from original masters and pressed in Germany (unless I'm hallucinating reading that this morning) So obviously Wilco is/was planning something.

Just put the crap out. People who love vinyl and love Wilco will most surely buy the damn thing. It is niche audience for this and Wilco HQ probably has this down to a science, so I'm sure it isn't a gamble. And if it some Warner Bros contractual crap then have the Nonesuch attornies walk outside their cozy little offices and go aross the hall to the parent company and tell them what for.

In a nutshell, Neil Young needs to release the archives, Ryan Adams and Lost Highway need to release his 10-12 fully completed but shelved albums, and Wilco needs to have their entire catalogue available on vinyl. Now is that difficult?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is insane. I went to Music Direct this morning and the re releases were there. And you are right, now they are gone. In the meantime, Wilco HQ has released an email with absolutely no mention of the vinyl. Ok, not to sound paranoid, but Wilco HQ is monitoring our discussion here on Via Chicago and have put an end to the Music Direct listings. This is really bizarre. Once again, what kind of buisness sense is this.

Wilco HQ: "people seem to be really interested and longing for Wilco vinyl, we better put an end to that and make it impossible!"

according to music direct they vinyl was taken from original masters and pressed in Germany (unless I'm hallucinating reading that this morning) So obviously Wilco is/was planning something.

Just put the crap out. People who love vinyl and love Wilco will most surely buy the damn thing. It is niche audience for this and Wilco HQ probably has this down to a science, so I'm sure it isn't a gamble. And if it some Warner Bros contractual crap then have the Nonesuch attornies walk outside their cozy little offices and go aross the hall to the parent company and tell them what for.

In a nutshell, Neil Young needs to release the archives, Ryan Adams and Lost Highway need to release his 10-12 fully completed but shelved albums, and Wilco needs to have their entire catalogue available on vinyl. Now is that difficult?

super paranoid.

I'll tell you what's insane. You were busy patting yourself on the back and ended up jinxing it for everyone. I blame you for all of this. And I will never forgive you.

How was I patting anything? And I hope in time (or upon the release of the vinyl) that you will forgive me!

I managed to get in an order for Summerteeth and Being There this morning before they got taken down. They must have been removing as I was placing the order because when I went back to add A.M., it was gone.

I already own the everything on vinyl, so I don't really care one way or the other. More than anything, I'm just curious about what will happen with my order -- if it gets cancelled or just delayed or whatever. Currently they're just listed as being "backordered." Haven't gotten any sort of notice that what I ordered is no longer available...if it ever was. :ninja

talked to music direct. the guy who answered the phone didn't know that the links were down and had to ask someone what was going on.

apparently, he said that they (music direct) "jumped the gun by putting them up for presale". the label (WB?) called them and told them to take them down until the band announced them.

he also said that the links should be back up in a few days, indicating that wilco will announce them soon, but since wilco just sent a mid-winter email that didn't mention the vinyl, who knows what is going on. he said they were still taking pre-orders via telephone but i am gonna wait and see what happens. he mentioned that the release date remains the same but they just have to wait until wilco announces to go public on the web again.

so thats the story i guess.

hopefully they will see the light of day sooner than later...

talked to music direct. the guy who answered the phone didn't know that the links were down and had to ask someone what was going on.

apparently, he said that they (music direct) "jumped the gun by putting them up for presale". the label (WB?) called them and told them to take them down until the band announced them.

he also said that the links should be back up in a few days, indicating that wilco will announce them soon, but since wilco just sent a mid-winter email that didn't mention the vinyl, who knows what is going on. he said they were still taking pre-orders via telephone but i am gonna wait and see what happens. he mentioned that the release date remains the same but they just have to wait until wilco announces to go public on the web again.

so thats the story i guess.

hopefully they will see the light of day sooner than later...

Who is paranoid now...............suckerz!!!!!!!!! :nono

I don't really talk like this in real life

I was able to pre-order these from musicdirect.com - you have to call them though 800-449-8333.

The email I received: "Thank you for your email. We were asked to take the titles off of the

website but you can call to place a pre-order for the releases."

Not sure if they will actually materialize, but they won't charge me until they ship, so no harm done!

Guy on the phone said - "What's the lead singer's name from Wilco?" I said, "Jeff Tweedy." He says, "He comes in here. Seems like a nice, quiet guy."

:thumbup

Good luck!