Wilco Vinyl

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, now Summerteeth Summerteeth, where did I put that Summerteeth record?

Dick: I guess it looks as if you're reorganizing your records. What is this though? Chronological?

Rob: No...

Dick: Not alphabetical...

Rob: Nope...

Dick: What?

Rob: Autobiographical.

Dick: No fucking way.

the one gripe i have with wilco vinyl is that all their albums come on 4 sides. too much getting up and flipping. but its worth it.

trace on vinyl would be sick. i wanna pick up strangers almanac

Hey folks,

The good people over at Vinyl Collective are carrying the reissues. If you can please order from them, they are a true indie shop that does some great great stuff.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/04/22/...-w-cd-reissues/

agreed. i've ordered with them before, and they do great work. placed my order for summerteeth & being there this morning.

the one gripe i have with wilco vinyl is that all their albums come on 4 sides. too much getting up and flipping. but its worth it.

trace on vinyl would be sick. i wanna pick up strangers almanac

The "Flipping" and interaction with my music is one of the things I love most about vinyl. The process! I don't have a fancy enough Hi-Fi to make the vinyl sound 1000% better (though IMHO it does sound 200% better), but the physicality of it, the ritual of the needle falling into the groove, and getting to know that I am a part of the process really sweetens the vinyl experience for me.

Strangers Almanac is gorgeous on vinyl.

I'm sure this has already been discussed but what do people use to clean their LP's? I usually just use distilled water and isopropyl mixed about 50/50.

This system looks great but it's a bit expensive for my needs. Anybody have any experience with it?

http://www.nittygrittyinc.com/

That works great, but it is expensive. Go to www.stevehoffman.tv/forums and search around there - I am not sure where exactly it is, but there is a bunch of info on cleaning records there, many obsessive collectors giving their own techniques. The Nitty Gritty is a great tool, but not 100% necessary.

That works great, but it is expensive. Go to www.stevehoffman.tv/forums and search around there - I am not sure where exactly it is, but there is a bunch of info on cleaning records there, many obsessive collectors giving their own techniques. The Nitty Gritty is a great tool, but not 100% necessary.

Very cool, thanks for the link.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious if the reissues were delayed due to first the Ashes DVD and now the new album. I know us die hard fans will buy em but some less rabid fans might need to spread their purchasing power further especially in this economic climate. Sales of the new material are more important to the record companies I would think and they might want to postpone anything that might decrease it. IE delaying the reissues in favor of releasing the new stuff. I am looking forward to these reissues but either way as Absolutyyz said at least the new album leaked!!!

I'm sure this has already been discussed but what do people use to clean their LP's? I usually just use distilled water and isopropyl mixed about 50/50.

This system looks great but it's a bit expensive for my needs. Anybody have any experience with it?

http://www.nittygrittyinc.com/

I have a nitty gritty and it works well. I agree it seems expensive for what it is, but if you listen to vinyl mostly at home, as I do, then it becomes indispensable.

I have a nitty gritty and it works well. I agree it seems expensive for what it is, but if you listen to vinyl mostly at home, as I do, then it becomes indispensable.

also, I bought one for my brother for Christmas on ebay for a few dollars less.

also, I bought one for my brother for Christmas on ebay for a few dollars less.

Wow. ... wow. These seem rather elaborate. And expensive.

Discwasher has always worked pretty well for me -- and they're available at Best Buy.

Looking to upgrade my techniques turntable. Trying to stay under $300. any sugguestions?

Under $300 you are best off to find something used. Technics made/makes some good tables. Depending on what you have, you might want to just upgrade your cartridge. Look on Audiogon.com Look on stevehoffman.tv for advice, do a search there.

Under $300 you are best off to find something used. Technics made/makes some good tables. Depending on what you have, you might want to just upgrade your cartridge. Look on Audiogon.com Look on stevehoffman.tv for advice, do a search there.

someone is selling a used Pro-ject Debut III for $250. have you heard anything on those?

someone is selling a used Pro-ject Debut III for $250. have you heard anything on those?

Had one. I really liked it, though I could hear its limitations by the end of the time I had it. A solid table though. I would definitely upgrade the cartridge on it - I like the Ortofon 2M Red or Blue myself. Its a good "starter" if you are moving up from a not so great Technics.