some DVD info, but mostly about Blu-Ray

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From www.cimmfest.org

CIMMfest is proud to present the Chicago premiere of the new Wilco tour documentary film, Ashes of American Flags on Monday, March 9th at the historic Music Box Theatre in Chicago. Q&A with Director and drummer for Fugazi Breandan Canty.

It will nice to see it on the big screen.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
From www.cimmfest.org

CIMMfest is proud to present the Chicago premiere of the new Wilco tour documentary film, Ashes of American Flags on Monday, March 9th at the historic Music Box Theatre in Chicago. Q&A with Director and drummer for Fugazi Breandan Canty.

More great news. I'll be there.

From www.cimmfest.org

Anyone know how to get tickets? I didn't see anything on the CIMMfest site.

CIMMfest looks kinda cool. I want to check out that Largo documentary they're showing.

I want to check out that Largo documentary they're showing.

Ahhh! Thanks for the heads up. I just bought a ticket for that one - you can get them through the schedule, but I didn't see anything for the Wilco premiere. (That's technically the night after the fest ends.)

Also, I saw this on Wilco's site:

Wilco's live concert film "Ashes of American Flags" will have it's world premiere February 20 at the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival in Missoula, Montana.

That's coming right up! I hope someone here goes and reports back.

Man, I had no idea this was imminent. I would have sworn I visited the site last week, but I guess I missed the trailer announcement. Camerawork and audio both seem to be outstanding, and I don't think Monday has ever sounded that blistering before. Can't wait to see this!

And I laughed my ass off at the passionate digression re: Blu-Ray discs. It's a dead format, guys, and with good fucking reason. Just chill, already.

Blu Ray looks like LaserDisc if you can't read.

To whom? It actually looks like a viable HD format. Especially as more homes move to HD televisions and the prices of Blu-Ray players and movies come down.

As far as market integration and saturation, aren't Blu-Ray's numbers comparable or even better than DVD's at this point in its life?

To whom? It actually looks like a viable HD format. Especially as more homes move to HD televisions and the prices of Blu-Ray players and movies come down.

As far as market integration and saturation, aren't Blu-Ray's numbers comparable or even better than DVD's at this point in its life?

Misunderstanding. I meant the word "Blu Ray" looks like the word "LaserDisc" if you're illiterate. Really bad joke I guess. I definitely agree it's viable or at the least too soon to say dead.

It may be too late to save this from becoming the Blu Ray thread so I'll post this query anyway:

Can Blu Ray hold information other than movies, like DVD's do, so I can save files on them? Can you buy Blu Ray burners or is it that why the technology is so expensive still?

Christ almighty! Get over yourselves about formats!

It will be available in DVD (and hopefully for those who are early tech adopters it will also be in Blu-Ray). This isn't a forum for discussing the Blu-Ray format it's about Wilco's music. I just had to read through 7 pages looking for info about the new DVD and learning nothing from any post following the first one.

Maybe this discussion could be moved to the off-topic section of the board? Maybe then people might talk about the new DVD.

Personally I haven't found confirmation of a Region 2 release anywhere I've looked on the web. Has anyone else? Does anyone know about track-listing, features, whether it's a 5.1 or a 2.1 mix?