• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the excitement comes from fans of the band that are really like seeing the band play together again. Your lack of excitement is likely related to the fact that you don't enjoy the band. What you are seeing here is what folks often refer to as a "difference of opinion".

Hope this helps. :wave

Nope, but this does:

I think they should've called it quits after Get Behind Me Satan.

Just to add a few points,didn't it seem like Jack was about to cry through the whole thing? Do you think there is more going on with Jack and Meg then we know? Conan was acting like he got Led Zeppelin back together. I thought the performance was below average but it seemed like something else was going on there.

Also, m_thomp, Jack White is still extremely relevant. The Raconteurs are one of the best rock bands out there right now. The fact that a side project can be that amazing shows just how talented JW is. I could go on and on over this topic but I won't. I was actually one of those people who didn't get Jack for a very long time. When Rolling Stone put out that list of the 100 greatest guitarists and he was 16 it made me want to punch something. But after really delving into his catalog and hearing some of the things he does, it is undeniable that he's one of the best.

Here are just a few of my favorite YT pieces to show Jack's power:

The Raconteurs performing Blue Veins at Bonnaroo 2008. Wait till the 5min mark. I was about 10 feet awayfrom the stage during this performance and you could just see how into the show Jack was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FeptFVfihc

A great Ball and a Biscuit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03YUgHAshSo

This was a Coke ad that was released in Australia that only had a few airings. Jack was given cart blanche and he wrote and scored the whole thing himself. Actually one of my favorite things he's done.

And for relevance sake, the Denial Twist video with Conan. very cool.

Extremely disappointing. I didn't really care what song they did, but it sucked for Meg to not even play drums. The first half of the song sounded really unrehearsed and just plain bad. It tightened up a bit at the end, but was still a pretty lame arrangement of the song. The Stripes on Conan have a long, great history and that was a pretty horrible ending to it.

I thought it was terrific - a poor performance, but a great song choice, and a fitting sendoff to the show.

And you gotta be out of your mind if you once liked The White Stripes and no longer do.

but icky thump not only had appallingly bad songs, it also had probably the worst production i've ever heard on something this side of u2. the raconteurs album was no better. do you really think they sound/write songs/arrange like they used to do?

Not the best Stripes performance and I think the fact that Meg wasn't drumming is bad news for all of us hoping for some shows this summer...

But Conan's sendoff at the end of the show was absolutely amazing. You can tell that he meant ever word.

It made me really happy to see them performing together again. That's a great song, and IMO it meant a lot more for them to put something like that together than to show up and phone in Seven Nation Army or something. Good stuff. :D

Edit: Not just "IMO"...apparently Conan requested that song. :thumbup

It made me really happy to see them performing together again. That's a great song, and IMO it meant a lot more for them to put something like that together than to show up and phone in Seven Nation Army or something. Good stuff. :D

You said it perfectly. The reason people like them is they are unique and fearless. Takes more guts to do a new arrangement of a song like that than sleepwalking through one. I enjoyed watching it.

Was it me or did Jack look like he was about to cry when singing it? That probably broke your heart......