The Official Bob Dylan Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not off hand, sorry! i know one that gets a lot of hype is a san jose 98 soundboard show. the quality is ridiculously good. other than that, i'm not sure.

I love this time period. Although I'd say you want 2000-2004, shoot me an email and ill send you some shows.

I have an OK recording of a fantastic Fall 2002 San Diego show, which I attended. Tremendous show - open air theatre, warm Saturday night, Bob doing a number of killer covers - Neil's 'Old Man', Stones' 'Brown Sugar', Zevon's 'Mutineer', and Van's 'Carrying A Torch' along with great takes on 'Hattie Carroll', 'Bye and Bye', and 'If Not For You'....me and my lady dancing alone...one of the best nights of my life....haha, I may be partial.

If anyone's interested - oh wait, do we still not have PMs?

• 3 weeks later...

check out what i found at a used bookstore today! an original 1994 1st edition copy of Dylan's Drawn Blank for only $5. i've heard of the recent Dylan art book but have never heard of this one. supposedly, these bad boys are quite rare. dunno how the book store let this slide beneath their radar.

DSCF2021.jpg

check out what i found at a used bookstore today! an original 1994 1st edition copy of Dylan's Drawn Blank for only $5. i've heard of the recent Dylan art book but have never heard of this one. supposedly, these bad boys are quite rare. dunno how the book store let this slide beneath their radar.

DSCF2021.jpg

that is a good score. that book has been out of print for quite a while and is not easy to find. i had to scrounge ebay for a while several years ago to find one for a friend.

• 1 month later...

Source: IsIs Magazine

6 August 2009

MORE ON DYLAN'S CHRISTMAS ALBUM

There has been some feedback following our reprinting of a new Dylan album, for which many thanks.

It seems that this project was being mooted some months back. It is a personal project of Dylan himself rather than an idea put forward by his record company. The sessions took place in May of this year at Groove Masters studio in Santa Monica, for which the Wikipedia entry reads:

Groove Masters is a semi-private recording studio owned by Jackson Browne. Located in Santa Monica, California, the studio has been the setting for many of Browne's recordings. The head sound engineer is Grammy-nominated Peter Dieter. The studio occasionally opens its doors to old friends, such as David Crosby, as well as new independent artists.

David Hidalgo is once again reported to be among the musicians involved and, at one stage, backing singers were considered but it isn't clear if any will appear on the finished product. The album is said to have been mixed and finished in June.

So far, five songs have been mentioned, none originals. Two reported directly to ISIS were "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" (the popular Christmas carol with the affecting phrase, "The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight") and "Silver Bells" (a song associated with Bing Crosby). Three others have been mentioned by another website, namely "Must Be Santa", "Here Comes Santa Claus" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas". A few years back, "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" was reportedly performed at a soundcheck for a Dylan concert, as was "The First Noel".

Three others have been mentioned by another website, namely "Must Be Santa", "Here Comes Santa Claus" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas". A few years back, "O Little Town Of Bethlehem" was reportedly performed at a soundcheck for a Dylan concert, as was "The First Noel".

I've suspected for a while that Bob is a bit off his rocker. This pretty much confirms it.

Elliott Landy's Dylan photographs

I've always liked those photos. I have number 335 hanging on my bulletin board. Mr.Landy has been in the news lately - due to his Woodstock photos. I have a first edition of: Woodstock Vision, The Spirit Of A Generation The Photographs of Elliott Landy. He has recently re-released it. He also did The Band's second album cover, and some Van Morrison albums covers, among others.

You know that part in Series of Dreams from the Bootleg Vols 1-3, where he sings, "all i seemed...to be doing was CLIMB"?

You know that part?

That right there is what it is all about. All of it. You either get it, or you don't.

haha, of course! I just love how there are little moments in Dylan songs where you just have to shake your head. Here's another:

From the Someday Baby on Tell Tale Signs:

"everdayyyyy Im becoming more... of a hyp o crite."