The Official Bob Dylan Thread

I saw this on Expecting Rain today:

From The Hank Williams Project: Lucinda Williams - I'm Happy I Found You

...this was written by Hank and me. The reason I say that, it's interesting, because some lyrics were found of Hank Williams without the music. So I was asked to choose a song and write the music... for an album that Bob Dylan was putting together... it's still not out yet, I don't what's going on with it...but anyway... it's a very unusual set of lyrics for Hank. The other, special reason I'm doing a Hank Williams song is because Hank Williams was married on stage. And I figured... if it's good enough for Hank, it's good enough for us. This is called, 'I'm Happy I Found You'.'
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob Dylan Teams With Citibank For Xmas Album Promo

The times they are a-changin', and Bob Dylan's surprise decision to release his first Christmas album next month now comes with a banking tie-in that would have been unimaginable during the singer's 1960s protest years.

Citibank said on Tuesday that "Christmas In The Heart" will be available for Internet download to 13 million customers enrolled in the company's rewards program, during the week before it hits stores on October 13.

Nancy Gordon, executive vice president of Citibank's rewards program, said she expects the album will have "high appeal" to customers, who mainly get points by using their credit or debit cards. The CD will not be sold in branches of the Citigroup Inc unit.

Dylan, 68, will donate his proceeds from the Columbia Records release to charities that feed the needy. Columbia is a unit of Sony Corp.

I don't know how much of a reward it will be to get that album. ha ha ha ha

sounds like something Dylan would do to be ironic. gotta love the guy!

Horse SHIT! THe Victoria secret thing was ironic, this is just disgusting.

This CD is for charity. He isn't making a penny off this. What is disgusting?

Maybe you misunderstood but I wasn't declaring horseshit over the charity move. I was crying horseshit over the partnership with bank being "ironic". Last time I checked banks haven't been looking out for those who will benifit from the sales of "Christmas in the heart"

Maybe you misunderstood but I wasn't declaring horseshit over the charity move. I was crying horseshit over the partnership with bank being "ironic". Last time I checked banks haven't been looking out for those who will benifit from the sales of "Christmas in the heart"

this is what i was referring to when i said that this was ironic. Dylan's pretty much saying that the bank members don't give a rat's ass about the needy. if so, they'd buy a copy to help out but as it is, they'll take this free copy and be done with it. imagine listening to the album at Christmas time knowing you cheated someone out in need by taking the record for free. i'm sure that'll make all of those Citibank peeps feel great.

edit: i am under the impression that these Citibank member's with a certain amount of points will be able to download the album for free. or am i reading into this wrong and will they have the option to buy a download of the album a week before its released? that article from Billboard won't load for me.

and??? How is it???

So now a charity album can be listened to for free?

LouieB

haha I'm sure its terribly awesome. I have no problem "stealing music" but I'm definitely going to make this my first "purchase" since "in rainbows". I wish more artists of dylans stature would do charity records or at least do the wilco thing and offer the option.

This CD is for charity. He isn't making a penny off this. What is disgusting?

it's digusting that charity albums are nearly always shit, and dylan is refusing to buck the trend. he could have released Together Through Life for charity . . . actually, no - that was shit too. ok he could have released half of Modern Times for charity. yeah, . . . that's better.

edit. anyone got a link to the leak (i'm a charity case - just so's ya know)

it's digusting that charity albums are nearly always shit, and dylan is refusing to buck the trend. he could have released Together Through Life for charity . . . actually, no - that was shit too. ok he could have released half of Modern Times for charity. yeah, . . . that's better.

edit. anyone got a link to the leak (i'm a charity case - just so's ya know)

You dismiss this album as "shit", then ask for a link to it. Which would mean...you haven't heard it, but think it's shit. Okay. What an informed voice! (And 20 second samples on Amazon do not count).

and??? How is it???

So now a charity album can be listened to for free?

LouieB

I downloaded it, but i haven't really had a chance to listen to it yet. I will be buying it in any case, since it is for charity, and since I'm a nerd, I'll be buying the deluxe edition version with the greeting cards. Hey,why not?

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Heart-Deluxe-Greeting-Cards/dp/B002MW50KY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1254933649&sr=8-2

I downloaded it, but i haven't really had a chance to listen to it yet. I will be buying it in any case, since it is for charity, and since I'm a nerd, I'll be buying the deluxe edition version with the greeting cards. Hey,why not?

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Heart-Deluxe-Greeting-Cards/dp/B002MW50KY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1254933649&sr=8-2

Since we are all buying shit on line tonight...(see Coltrane thread..)....

What difference does it make if it is shit or not? I was sort of down on it initially too, but doing it for charity, what the hell. It will be worth a chuckle or two even if it does suck. (Remember This Old Man from "For Our Children"?? Well maybe not if you didn't have kids 20 years ago....)

LouieB

Since we are all buying shit on line tonight...(see Coltrane thread..)....

What difference does it make if it is shit or not? I was sort of down on it initially too, but doing it for charity, what the hell. It will be worth a chuckle or two even if it does suck. (Remember This Old Man from "For Our Children"?? Well maybe not if you didn't have kids 20 years ago....)

LouieB

I had that as a kid and still play that track for people......classic.