The Official Bob Dylan Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to see the old timers promoting this thing (Kooper and Bromberg).  This does look like a good one.  New Morning has always been one of my faves as well.  It came out just before I went to Europe.  I listened to it with a friend in a house trailer I lived in back in rural Ohio. 

LouieB

New Morning is a good one - one the last ones I purchased from him, I did not get it until it was remastered a few years ago.

The Man in Me is a good one, too. He did perform  "If Dogs Run Free" for a bit in the early 2000

I thought that was a Basement Tape song?

Yep - you're right - good tune - Golden Loom is one from the Desire period that's a good one, too - Love playing that one on guitar, mostly because it's easy.

When I was looking the song up on Youtube, I found some terrible cover versions.

Imagine that "a terrible of a Dylan cover" ---- lot's and lot's of good ones, but plenty of duds too.

You should make a sign with glue and glitter spelling out SANTA FE with some smiley faces and red hearts on the sides. And then - run toward the stage with it, and yell SANTA FE! SANTA FE! SANTA FE!

For some reason, I can't believe Dylan would remember every tune he wrote --- could be wrong. I wonder if every time he sees or thinks of Sante Fe, he thinks "hey I wrote a tune call Sante Fe" and starts to whistle the melody. :lol