New Album Title Game

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Them Apples"

then I can go around asking people "so, how you like Them Apples?"

Amazing! There are about 50 people on this board who are in bands and want to use this title.

"the gospel according to PANTHER!!!@@!@!"

Isn't that a song that was recorded for the Oxfam charity record? I don't think they would use that for the Wilco album title.

From the GQ article, I assumed the interviewer was asking Jeff about the new Wilco record.

You guys are working on a new album. There are obvious pitfalls in trying to ask you about a record I haven

Biafran Field Recordings 1962-65 Volume III

The Glitterball Cracked

The Chord That Roared

And More Spam

Hudson Aeroplane

Live From Caesars Palace

Locked In The Loft

Plays The Best OF Barry White

il be disappointed if its self titled thats just getting lazy,

Seriously? You'll be "disappointed"? And do what, not buy it? Will you dislike the music because you dislike the title?

Whatever. It's a fucking album title. If they call it Wilco, Presented By Volkswagen, then go ahead and be "disappointed," but otherwise...

Seriously? You'll be "disappointed"? And do what, not buy it? Will you dislike the music because you dislike the title?

Whatever. It's a fucking album title. If they call it Wilco, Presented By Volkswagen, then go ahead and be "disappointed," but otherwise...

no, no, no. this stuff is very important. I have always felt that initial impressions make a lasting impact on the music. My first impression is cover art my second is album title and then the first note of song 1. For example I always felt AGIB was trying too hard to be experimental (if I could come up with a complaint) I believe my impression came from the stupid/pretenious album title. I can't even tell if i'm being serious.

no, no, no. this stuff is very important. I have always felt that initial impressions make a lasting impact on the music. My first impression is cover art my second is album title and then the first note of song 1. For example I always felt AGIB was trying too hard to be experimental (if I could come up with a complaint) I believe my impression came from the stupid/pretenious album title. I can't even tell if i'm being serious.

What's pretentious about AGIB? Or stupid? It's an important line from one of the songs on the album.

I get what you're saying, somewhat. If it wasn't important, this thread would have gained no traction. Many of the joke suggestions play off titles that had significance in one way or another.

It sort of plays on the digital vs. vinyl debate -- "experiencing" the album has been as much the connotations of the title as the actual listening.

What's pretentious about AGIB? Or stupid? It's an important line from one of the songs on the album.

I guess that is my point. In context there is nothing stupid or necessarily pretentious about that title. My first impression was of that however.

"Them Apples"

then I can go around asking people "so, how you like Them Apples?"

Along the same lines... I always wanted to name my band "Pete's Sake"

At some point during a gig, when it's time to introduce the band, the frontman could say, "That's Dan-O... the guitarist for Pete's Sake."