• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of it this way. Many people don't want a picture of themselves anywhere for their own safety so they pick a picture of who they'd like to be or a cartoon character that's completely different than they reallyare so no one will recognize them. I sure don't want my own picture out there and wind up having some serial killer come after me because he knows what I look like now. :mellow

You are probably overestimating your attractiveness to serial killers.

Think of it this way. Many people don't want a picture of themselves anywhere for their own safety so they pick a picture of who they'd like to be or a cartoon character that's completely different than they reallyare so no one will recognize them. I sure don't want my own picture out there and wind up having some serial killer come after me because he knows what I look like now. :mellow

No, I get why we aren't posting real pictures of us, I'm just saying some of the avatar's chosen give me a mental image that is difficult to shake. Like Mjzucko (sp) has a I believe Ted Leo on his. That makes me think nothing either way, or Lamrod's makes me think nothing either way. But a picture of a person who is not known makes me think, "hey is that you, or that can't be you"

Guest Speed Racer
No, I get why we aren't posting real pictures of us, I'm just saying some of the avatar's chosen give me a mental image that is difficult to shake. Like Mjzucko (sp) has a I believe Ted Leo on his. That makes me think nothing either way, or Lamrod's makes me think nothing either way. But a picture of a person who is not known makes me think, "hey is that you, or that can't be you"

Honest to god, I look exactly like Harry Potter. Just picture him when you read my posts.

I actually am Loretta Lynn, just not that Loretta Lynn. Plus, I am a young long-haired brunette gal and I'm proud to be a cab driver's daughter. So my avatar kind of works for me, really.

But then the question becomes -- why choose the screen name that you choose? At work, I am "Sunshine and Puppies". This is actually from a few years back when I scored this particular postion. I was really happy about it. Now, I'm just thankful to be employed. My counter-part at work is "Rain clouds and Ebola" If I ever change my screen name, it will be Ebola.

see this thread:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=34201

I'm actually the guy on the right in my avatar.

my right or your right?

Stop distracting me man I'm trying to figure out how to hit a homerun.

1st Manny, then you, and then mr. Puljols. Or I will just believe all of you are the greatest ball players ever putting up numbers never seen before.