Wilco On Letterman (spoiler!)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer

She seemed completely out of place, not knowing where to stand, where to move.

Feist always kind of comes off as the opposite to me: she always looks confidently in place and perfect wherever she is, with the goofy charm of making everyone else seem suddenly awkward. I love it. She's like an incredibly sexy and adorable housecat, sitting right smack in the middle of the newspaper you're reading.

Watching this performance is exactly the reason i prefer live music to recorded. After two weeks of heavy rotation listening to the recored i never fully appreciated the guitar parts until last night. Nels work at the end of this song added so much to the vibe of this song watching him play it live.

Great job Wilco!

Feist always kind of comes off as the opposite to me: she always looks confidently in place and perfect wherever she is, with the goofy charm of making everyone else seem suddenly awkward. I love it. She's like an incredibly sexy and adorable housecat, sitting right smack in the middle of the newspaper you're reading.

Ditto. One could easily get the horn from watching that performance too often. And I could be wrong but it seemed like John was giving her pins and booty some attention also.

I thought it was excellent, better than the studio version. The point where Jeff's voice goes up an octave or three didn't sound strained, as it does on the disc (and, unfortunately, on all too many songs on the previous CD). He sounded better than he has on most of the performances I've seen on late night shows, including Conan.

I thought Feist was understated but sounded great and looked like she was having fun. Overall, I'd give it an A.

I have a new appreciation for the song after seeing it in Keyspan. As good as it was, though, I thought she missed a chance at the end to make it really special. At the end during the outro, Jeff gave her room to really belt out and go beyond the record, but she instead stopped singing altogether, looking somewhat uncomfortable. It was a (minor) missed opportunity that would have really catapulted an otherwise fine version to extraordinary. Too bad.