Wilco On Letterman (spoiler!)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take all the fun out of it, but this site's totally reliable and they have Wilco's appearance listed as "Wilco w/Feist" so I'm putting my entire life savings down on them playing "Spiders" until I hear otherwise... :lol

Well, that explains one day of what they're doing between Brooklyn and Maine :w00t

Greetings everyone,

And many, many thanks from all of us to each of you. The returns are in and Wilco (the album) sold 99,000 "units" as they say in the record business -- which blows away our previous best week by a longshot. Cheers to you guys for making that happen.

After a short holiday break, the band are now back on the road. They rocked a sold out Wolf Trap in Virginia last night and will be at Frawley Stadium in Wilmington, DE tomorrow (Friday 7/10). Rumor has it that the Blue Rocks mascot "Mr. Celery" is a Wilco fan. So say hi if you see him.

Tickets remain for this Saturday 7/11 at the home of the Spinners in Lowell, MA; Monday 7/13 in Brooklyn at the Cyclones' Keyspan Park (but only a few hundred left out of 12k); Saturday 7/18 at the Hudson Valley Renegades' Dutchess Stadium in Wappingers Falls NY ( 70 miles north of NYC, 10 south of Poughkeepsie) and 7/19 at the decidedly non-baseball related Art Park in Lewiston (Buffalo) NY. Portland, ME 7/17 and Royal Oak, MI 7/21 are sold out.

The band will wrap up their US summer tour with a gig at the 10,000 Lakes Music Festival in Minnesota on 7/23. Click here for information about rides to Wilco shows via Zimride... who are now partners with us on our Passenger Side Ride share application.

One more thing: all 4 of the ballpark shows have been designated TOUR PROGRAM NIGHT... meaning the first 1000 people through the gates at each receive a free Wilco Summer Tour Program. See you out there. Sun's out. Gonna step out in the yard and fire up the grill.

The HQ staff

P.S. Wilco with special guest Feist on Late Night with David Letterman Tuesday 7/14. Be sure to tune in.

Have they played this with her yet?

I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

I could really see vh1 grabbing onto this song and having that push wilco to the next level. This is precisely the kind of song vh1 would push hard, for better or worse. I love the song, but I could definitely see people not liking it.

Have they played this with her yet?

I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

I could really see vh1 grabbing onto this song and having that push wilco to the next level. This is precisely the kind of song vh1 would push hard, for better or worse. I love the song, but I could definitely see people not liking it.

Yes, they played it last week on stage (I think LA), she came out for that song.

VH1 could only play it if they had a video and Wilco has not made a video since AM (I think).

Yes, they played it last week on stage (I think LA), she came out for that song.

VH1 could only play it if they had a video and Wilco has not made a video since AM (I think).

they've made at least 3 since AM.

This video of "I'm Always In Love" appears on YouTube. Not sure if it is an "official" video, but it appears to have been recorded at The Loft, which would give it an element of credibility

The band was in the pocket and understated, letting Jeff and Feist do their thing. Just what the song needed. Perfect!