• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Checked out Pete's Lifehouse DVD release from the library ---- from 2000 ---- been listening to the latest boxset a lot - via Spotify --- this Dvd is pretty great.   Checking the credits, I

Just came across this. I do love Pete’s voice. It’s always a great complement to the songs. His section in songs such as Naked Eye, Bargain, and  Baba O’Riley, and his Who songs ( I’m One, Eminence, H

Proceeding that release was the 6 discs Lifehouse Chronicles box set - which you could only get online. I had to idea how to do that back then. Plus it was a bunch of money. Now all these years later

I would be happy with just the full 2-CD set of Pete's demos. Don't need the actual album in 55 different versions.

• 2 months later...

This is interesting (if they play something besides the hits, that is)

The Who's Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey held a press conference today to reveal the tour dates for the band's upcoming "The Who Hits 50" U.K. tour, set to begin this November. According to the two bandmates, this will be "the beginning of a long goodbye" as the band prepares to embark on their last major tour. The nine-date tour will land the iconic rockers in most of the major markets around the U.K. including Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester and the finale in London.

Daltrey told Rolling Stone that while there are currently no U.S. tour dates booked, the band will "obviously want to do America to say 'goodbye' and 'thank you' for supporting us over the years."

In addition to the press conference, Townshend and Daltrey performed a brief acoustic set featuring songs such as "Substitute," "Bargain," "The Kids Are Alright" and "Won't Get Fooled Again." As far as the setlist for the final tour is concerned, the group pledges to deliver a mix of rarities as well as hits. "We could play 'Dogs (Part 2),' 'Dogs (Part 1),' 'Now I’m a Farmer.' We’re hoping there will be a few nice surprises for people that have seen us many times over the years," Townshend said.

Townshend also revealed that the band will enter the studio to begin work on the follow-up to 2006's Endless Wire. While that news may sound surprising given the finality of this upcoming tour, Daltrey mentioned that "the band will [eventually] stop playing live before they stop recording." The guitarist said he had given Daltrey three new songs so far and hopes to make the record in a "more basic way than we normally work."

Tickets for all shows go on sale Friday, July 4, at 9 AM local time.

The Who Hits 50 Tour Dates:

November 30 Glasgow, UK--SSE Hydro

December 2 Leeds, UK--First Direct Arena

December 5 Nottingham, UK--Capital FM Arena

December 7 Birmingham, UK--NIA

December 9 Newcastle, UK--Metro

December 11 Liverpool, UK--Echo Arena

December 13 Manchester, UK--Phones4U Arena

December 15 Cardiff, UK--Motorpoint

December 17 London, UK--The O2

I have been on a huge Who kick again - I have never seen them, live. Over the last week or so, I have watched all the below dvd's. Really enjoyed the Live in Texas 75 one. Not to mentioned I listen to the Deluxe issues of Who Are You, My Generation, Who's Next, Meaty Beaty. I even listened to Face Dances, again.  Hooligans (my first Who cassette, I think) is waiting to be picked up at my library.

MI0002806533.jpg?partner=allrovi.comMI0003392979.jpg?partner=allrovi.comMI0001927917.jpg?partner=allrovi.comMI0002928498.jpg?partner=allrovi.comMI0003454037.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I assume you have already watched The Kids are Alright? 

LouieB

Yeah - I owned that one, plus Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live dvd.

Need to see if the system has the Vegas Job release.

If not, it looks like the whole thing is on YouTube.

I also loved the Isle of Wight video.

Yeah, got that one too --- my favorite, by far.  Guess they re-released the DVD - not sure if it was an upgrade from the original release or not, though. I have the cd release too - haven't watched or listened to it in a while.

Checked about the Vegas Job -- my library does not have it - thanks for the YouTube info.

That's all good stuff. Although - you can sure tell the difference between the stuff filmed on video vs. the stuff filmed on 16/35 mm. 

The Thirty Years of Maximum R&B video has to be the only video I ever bought that came with a booklet inside. 

You could probably find the Concert for Kampuchea on Youtube - if you have never seen it. 

One I do not own is - The Who: Who's Better, Who's Best (2006).

I doubt they'll dig out more than one or two old chestnuts, but I'll gladly fork over a few bucks to see The Two one last time.

They have said that before - and didn't really follow through on it. I guess we will see. 

Grew up on The Who. Saw them multiple times including at the old Omni in Atlanta with Lynyrd Skynyrd as opening act. I have not seen them live since Keith Moon died. Just not the same.

Wilco is awesome live and their ability to sound like their records is excellent. The Who were a totally different story. Their live act was unreal ....

I just don't think their bombast, great at the time, ages well......

That's when I would have liked to see the band - between 1969-1971.

1968 - 1973 was definitely the peak of their power: Sell Out, Tommy, Live at Leeds, Who's Next and Quadrophenia. 

I think that 5-year span was pretty much the pinnacle of rock and roll music as a whole.

The '79 tour was pretty good, as they had something to prove. I first saw them on the somewhat lackluster 1982 tour, but the show I saw in Orlando was incredible -- especially for a stadium gig. The band had just come off a break and were raring to go. Still my favorite show of all time. Joan Jett and the B-52s opened.

Yeah I caught the Isle of Wight movie on TV the other day. What a powerful band they were at that point.

I don' think so. But - Roger once did a solo tour, and I believe Pete played a few songs during the show.

Oh - another cool thing to see is The Who's performance in the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus film.