Tyler quits Aerosmith?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you objecting on the general grounds that drum solos are a major, time wasting wankfest or do you object to Joey Kramer?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

More from column B, but it's also really odd to see a drum solo in a setlist that has no guitar solo.

If it's like what I saw last year, it's not that long...not even long enough for a piss break.

I wonder how long this has been going on. Granted it was 22 years ago, but last time I saw them I do not think there was a drum solo. Must be in his contract now.

drum solos are funny...last ones i saw were from Blue Oyster Cult (scab drummer), Deep Purple (Ian Paice) and Heaven and Hell (one of the Appices...can't remember if it was Carmen or Vinny and i'm too lazy to google).

Rudy Sarzo also rocked the bass solo which was hilarious....a medley of riffs of famous songs he's played on.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

More from column B, but it's also really odd to see a drum solo in a setlist that has no guitar solo.

Every song has a guitar solo.

I don't like drum solos, and I'm a drummer.

Kramer's drum solo when I saw them was basically just a little break for the rest of the band. It wasn't long enough for me to even think about including it on the set list. At least, it didn't disrupt the show for me.

Joe Perry's lengthy guitar solo with that stupid video game was more of a momentum-killer. However, I could see the value of giving Kramer a break... :lol

Holy God I forgot about that.

Sort of makes me wish I hadn't sold my Modern Drummer magazine collection. That was a pretty thorough resourse of the corniest music trends/phenomena circa 1986-2000.

drum solos are funny...last ones i saw were from Blue Oyster Cult (scab drummer), Deep Purple (Ian Paice) and Heaven and Hell (one of the Appices...can't remember if it was Carmen or Vinny and i'm too lazy to google).

Rudy Sarzo also rocked the bass solo which was hilarious....a medley of riffs of famous songs he's played on.

The drum solo was such a hallmark of 70s and 80s hard rock and heavy metal. And you knew you were at a show on another plane entirely when you got the bass solo as well. Rudy Sarzo indeed. Love thinking back on those kind of shows, in a campy, nostalgic, hazy way.

I sincerely miss

those heavy metal bands

I used to go see

on the landing in the summer.......