Tyler quits Aerosmith?

I was watching Jimmy Kimmel last night for a bit to catch his monolog to hear his "This Week On The FCC" or whatever. He showed a clip of Larry King Live where he said that Larry took the night off, but still showed up kind of drunk. When they finally showed the clip, I could have sworn it was Steven Tyler filling in for Larry. It was only a side profile view for about 10 seconds. I took the last 10 minutes to find out who it really was. It was Soledad O'Brien. :ohwell My public apology goes out to her. I'm sorry that you looked like Steven Tyler....wait a minute...that's not my problem. :shifty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iTIQQ9bmMU&feature=related

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer

Fuck dude, this is the burning reason why you wanted to go solo?! Dude either has early onset dementia or fell off the wagon at too high a speed. This shit is comedy gold.

ETA: I've only heard 20 seconds of it so far, so I'm going to go ahead and predict that there will be at least one key change and orchestra before it's over. And maybe a beatbox, I'm not sure.

Fuck dude, this is the burning reason why you wanted to go solo?! Dude either has early onset dementia or fell off the wagon at too high a speed. This shit is comedy gold.

ETA: I've only heard 20 seconds of it so far, so I'm going to go ahead and predict that there will be at least one key change and orchestra before it's over. And maybe a beatbox, I'm not sure.

My theory is he's been watching the shit load of money that Rod Stewart got for selling his soul...er, singing MOR schlock and the hot wife Rod just impregnaed and it got him to thinking....

Aren't you supposed to be at Game 3 man?!

HTC

My theory is he's been watching the shit load of money that Rod Stewart got for selling his soul...er, singing MOR schlock and the hot wife Rod just impregnaed and it got him to thinking....

Or he woke up and realized he's sixty-two years old and looks ridiculous fucking his microphone stand while he screeches out "Love in an Elevator", so he decided to sing something a little more gentle.

Aren't you supposed to be at Game 3 man?!

I find it really disconcerting that I was able to get the Steven Tyler post to show up while using my droid, but my insightful running commentary on the game disappeared into the neter...

well, sing a little more gentle is not quite the same thing as releasing a song that sound like something air supply rejected.

:lol He would look way cooler singing "Last Child" no matter what age he is.

• 2 months later...
Guest Speed Racer

I did the same thing last night and thought the same thing. That girl who sang Come Together and Dream On (who had NO vocal range whatsoever) was really, really cute about being such a fan of Steven.

But yeah, he was just about the only one of them that provided any technical criticism.

I did the same thing last night and thought the same thing. That girl who sang Come Together and Dream On (who had NO vocal range whatsoever) was really, really cute about being such a fan of Steven.

But yeah, he was just about the only one of them that provided any technical criticism.

The fact that he is hilarious also makes the show worth watching...otherwise, not so much.

The f*ck a duck thing was laugh out loud funny.

I'm with the last 3 posters regarding Steven Tyler. I decided to check out this season of American Idol because of Tyler. If it wasn't for him the show would be intolerable. He brings much needed humor, an obvious love of music and a deep knowledge of music in all its forms that has always been lacking on this show. He's the first person they've had on the panel that I feel might have a similar record collection to mine.

Unfortunately a lot of the contestants and song choices--with a few exceptions--are not all that inspiring. Kudos to the girl that chose a Donny Hathaway song, good to see someone break from the top 40 pop hits of the 2000s or oft covered oldies. Speaking of which, enough with "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" people. Otis nailed it the first time, pick another song.

Guest Speed Racer

Well, I've seen approximately 78 minutes of American Idol in all, 45 of which were last night. In my limited experience though, people really over-inflect and over-sing in the early auditions to showcase whatever talent they do or don't have. But that doesn't make it tolerable.

I didn't even know this was on the air yet. I've seen no advertisement for it at all. Usually I can't escape it.

Steven Tyler definitely knows his shit, and is an entertaining guy, so I was actually hoping to see some of this season.

• 8 months later...

1st Show after the Fall

From MOR Monsters of Rock Website

Steven Tyler returned to the stage Wednesday night in Paraguay, a day after a shower accident at his hotel cost him some teeth, a black eye and a day’s delay in rocking Asuncion.

Early fans reports and video suggest Tyler was back in fine form, seemingly much improved over his performance in Lima, Peru on Saturday.

For his part, Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry updated fans on his singer’s status early Wednesday: “Happy Steven is feeling better today. He’s a real trooper. Aerosmith is playing the show in Paraguay tonight.”

Just the second date on the band’s South American tour, the gig was held at the Asuncion Jockey Club.

Aerosmith

Jockey Club – Asuncion, Paraguay – October 26, 2011

• Draw The Line

• Same Old Song And Dance

• Mama Kin

• Janie’s Got A Gun

• Livin’ On The Edge

• Joey Kramer Drum Solo

• Rag Doll

• Amazing

• What It Takes

• Last Child

• Stop Messing Around (Fleetwood Mac cover)

• I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing

• Cryin’

• Sweet Emotion

Encores:

• Dream On

• Love In An Elevator

• Walk This Way

NUff Said

LT FAN FROM BOSTON

Roadhse MA

Fucking drum solo?

Are you objecting on the general grounds that drum solos are a major, time wasting wankfest or do you object to Joey Kramer?

There are very few drummers for whom I would be willing to sit through a solo.

And Joey Kramer probably isn't one of them.