Now Playing: February, 2010

Any thoughts on this one? Got a respectable 7.3 from Pitchfork which is better than the 2.8 the crawling distance got. Just wondering if it's up there at all with the Boston Spaceships stuff.

It's actually pretty good album. It's solid but it's also what you would expect from Uncle Bob at this point in the game. No real surprises.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

r7part1coverforweb.gif

Here's a little song that'll save me from my heartache

Go a little while and see the turn my night takes

Damn open doors

Down from the 14th floor

Filthy city air will heal my brain

It could all make me ill

So I'll stand very still

Even though I hate to leave

i know right?

funny thing is, i didn't even check out the record until late November myself, even though I saw them open for Langhorne Slim @ the 400 Bar in October. they're really great live too. gonna see them a week from tomorrow with Cory Chisel & Jason Boesel.

Solace - how was the Dawes show? I am going to see them tomorrow night - and am still loving the album.

Solace - how was the Dawes show? I am going to see them tomorrow night - and am still loving the album.

it was friggin' GREAT. they also are backing Jason Boesel on this tour. i dug a few of his songs a bit (Hand of God is esp. good), but he's definitely just starting out as a solo songwriter.

Dawes were even better than the last time i saw them. such great energy and passion. The new songs all sounded really good too. You're gonna be FLOORED when they play 'When My Time Comes' live :).

Cory Chisel's set was really solid too, but not quite as great as when i saw him open for Brendan Benson last fall. A bunch of his family members/friends were at the show (he grew up on the iron range in MN before moving to Appleton, WI), and one of his super drunk cousins (i'm guessing he was in his early 20's?) rushed the front and was dancing all crazy, then got up onstage and took the mic to do some weird impromptu "rap/poetry" about the Iron Range... then sang on 'Born Again' with Cory. He ended up getting drug off the stage by 3 Hells Angels who rode their bikes down from the Iron Range (keep in mind it's DECEMBER in Minnnesota). it was really fucked up, but a total trainwreck and certainly something i won't forget anytime soon laugh.gif

it was friggin' GREAT. they also are backing Jason Boesel on this tour. i dug a few of his songs a bit (Hand of God is esp. good), but he's definitely just starting out as a solo songwriter.

Dawes were even better than the last time i saw them. such great energy and passion. The new songs all sounded really good too. You're gonna be FLOORED when they play 'When My Time Comes' live :).

Cory Chisel's set was really solid too, but not quite as great as when i saw him open for Brendan Benson last fall.

Excellent (and thanks). And I suppose I should know this, but Dawes is not headlining?

I saw these guys open for Primus in 1991.

Me too! It was in San Francisco. Tad Doyle kept threatening to stage dive which had the first 5 rows flinching, funny as heck. They actually were not all the well recieved from what I remember but I liked them.

Me too! It was in San Francisco. Tad Doyle kept threatening to stage dive which had the first 5 rows flinching, funny as heck. They actually were not all the well recieved from what I remember but I liked them.

if you liked them, the documentary "TAD: Busted Circuits and Ringing Ears" is definitely worth checking out

album-blow-by-blow.jpg

It sure is nice working at home today....sun and a pile of LPs...

LouieB

Not a fan of shredder albums, but this is a helluva record.