Broken Arrow

I was just wondering if any recordings of wilco covering this at the neil young thing have surfaced yet?

Also, guys if you are reading, please keep this in the set for a little while. At least until I see you in clearwater!

I bet this was really really awesome live.

I'd say this is the one you want to hear:

Buffalo Springfield - Broken Arrow (Youtube link)

Broken Arrow (Wikipedia link)

I will be surprised if any AUD tapes appear from the show. I doubt any taping equipment was allowed in the venue/show.

I could be wrong.

I'd rather hear Jeff do On The Way Home, Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing, or Flying On The Ground Is Wrong.

I actually think the coolest one for them to do would be expecting to fly, but I love broken arrow too.

If any of you havent heard broken arrow or expecting to fly, get the buffalo springfield again record.

Those two songs have always reminded me somewhat of wilco's experimental side. The original studio versions of those are really cool pieces of music.

I'd say this is the one you want to hear:

Buffalo Springfield - Broken Arrow (Youtube link)

Broken Arrow (Wikipedia link)

I will be surprised if any AUD tapes appear from the show. I doubt any taping equipment was allowed in the venue/show.

I could be wrong.

I'd rather hear Jeff do On The Way Home, Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing, or Flying On The Ground Is Wrong.

Right - I should have mentioned that also.

It goes to show you that Neil was not always a one take live in the studio sort of dude.

Early on in his career he collaborated with Jack Nitzsche, who was a very talented arranger that did a lot of phil spector's arrangements and also a great pianist.

Neil's self titled first record also features very lush orchestration, and is often overlooked.

I really love this early side of neil and wish he wouldve revisited it sometime. I guess it is not too late, but that would be a crazy development (we are talking about neil young though!). His first record is an overlooked classic in my book. It has some clunkers on it, but it is a really cool record that has a great vibe to it.

FINALLY (part of) a recording of Wilco's version of Broken Arrow...

there's a video at this link:

http://purplewordsonagreybackground.blogspot.com/

the video starts with about 20 seconds of Wilco's song (audio only - they're showing other stuff during this part). it's the first video of the two on that link.

or here's the direct youtube link:

i really hope they play it on this tour!!

i'm seeing them next monday in Edmonton!

that was awesome!

I hope the rest of this comes out.

As mentioned before, Ive always thought wilco kind of sounds like some of those buffalo springfield/early neil young tunes.

Hearing them play broken arrow, it really sounds like a wilco song!