Now Playing: March, 2010

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jimi-hendrix-von-artwork.jpg

I kind of regret buying this. It's ok, but I have plenty of Hendrix albums, and this one only has five songs I've never heard.

I can't believe I don't have this yet. 5 new Hendrix songs is enough for me.

I can't believe I don't have this yet. 5 new Hendrix songs is enough for me.

Those songs might not be new...just new to me. The new ones (to me) are:

Valleys of Neptune

Mr. Bad Luck

Ships Passing Through the Night

Lullaby for the Summer

Crying Blue Rain

I shouldn't say I regret buying it. I'm just not excited about it yet...same happened when I got South Saturn Delta, which I now think is an extremely badass album.

listened to that yesterday. i enjoyed it.

i don't like it one bit.

i get the vibe they were going for, but there's not a single memorable melody on there for me.

then again i only liked 3-4 songs on the first album and they're awful live.

i don't like it one bit.

i get the vibe they were going for, but there's not a single memorable melody on there for me.

then again i only liked 3-4 songs on the first album and they're awful live.

i love the first one. and i don't care how they are live, i'll never see them!

i've read that numerous times. i enjoy the cd's so i don't care if they're dick heads live. i'll never meet them nor go see them. ryan adams was a fuckin' lunatic one time i saw him and i still listen to him ;-)

it's my favourite of his albums. really it's the only one, besides I Stand Alone that is good all the way through.

Hopefully I'll remember to listen to that one later on. The last album I listened to of his was the one where he's made up as an old man in a wheelchair on the cover. It was not so great, but I've always had a lot of respect for him.

Kooper's great. As far as solo albums, I've only got Super Session, Championship Wrestling and the Live Adventures of Bloomfield and Kooper, but I've heard enough of his playing on other records to say he's incredible. And I think Super Session is wonderful. I've been trying to find his other records for a while now, but haven't had much luck besides those three.

they're total dillholes live 51.gif

they still insist on playing Kids on an iPod and dancing around during it rather than actually playing it

I vaguely remember them open for Fiery Furnaces right before Oracular Spectacular came out and thought psychedelia's back, in pog form. But my friend rightfully recognized how big Time To Pretend became, especially when we heard it on the radio.

As for the album, it's all right. The stand out for me is Congratulations, but I'm gonna go back to see if I'm overlooking.

Last week, I gave Plastic Beach another spin, and now I can't remember why I liked it aside from Gruff Rhys and some of the solo stuff; I'm pretty sure they made a Snoop Dogg album instead.