• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool. That title seems to be a bit misleading, but I'm sure I'll watch it at some point. I love seeing videos of them from the early days when Peart had a comparatively tiny drumset. I'd be thrilled if more of that stuff were to come out, but by now I doubt there's anyhing left to release.

• 3 months later...

A new Neil post:

At The Gate Of The Year

I wish he would do a daily blog type of deal.

seeing that pic of his drums in the studio is cool. wish i could go in there a make them sound like drums on the next album. not some digitized beats as they have sounded since...counterparts?

none the less, looking forward to the album.

• 3 months later...

^ rawk!

Rumored tour dates:

Sept 7: Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena

Sept 9: Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live

Sept 11: Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center

Sept 13: Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Center

Sept 15: Chicago, IL - United Center

Sept 18: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

Sept 20: Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Sept 22: St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center

Sept 24: Minneapolis, MN - Target Center

Sept 26: Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center

Sept 28: Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center

Sept 30: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

Oct 10: Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena

Oct 12: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

Oct 14: Toronto, ON - Air Canada Center

Oct 18: Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

Oct 20: Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

Oct 22: Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center

Oct 24: Boston, MA - TD Garden

Oct 26: Buffalo, NY - First Niagra Center

Oct 28: Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

Oct 30: Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena

Nov 1: Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Ampitheater

Nov 3: Tampa, FL - 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheater

Nov 13: Seattle, WA - Key Arena

Nov 15: San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion

Nov 17: Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

Nov 18: Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Ampitheater

Nov 23: Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand

Nov 25: Phoeniz, AZ - US Airways Center

Nov 28: Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Nov 30: San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Dec 2: Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Rush outdoors doesn't work for me. I wish they'd go back to playing arenas.

i'm with you on this. i'd rather they play phillips. lot less of a hassel to get to in some ways. i was on a major rush kick after their last tour, but i might run out of steam by the time november comes around.

hadn't hear the signals rumor. that would be interesting and a change of pace from their recent hard rock stuff. i also heard rumors of entire 2112 album. who knows.

Kings or Hemispheres would be pretty awesome. those are my two favorite albums from them. Xanadu is probably my favorite song of theirs.

btw, there is a scifi novel coming out with the new album.

Kings or Hemispheres would be pretty awesome. those are my two favorite albums from them. Xanadu is probably my favorite song of theirs.

btw, there is a scifi novel coming out with the new album.

Those are probably my two favorites, as well. My high school cover band used to play a pretty decent version of La Villa Strangiato, so Hemispheres will probably always be at or near the top for me.

la villa in a HS band! badass. we played 30 minute versions of all along the watchtower in my HS band :-)

Yes, and there is video (although I have no idea how I would go about making it internet ready). I was the drummer. I certainly didn't get the parts perfect, but I did ok for a teenager. It'd be the world's worst joke if I tried to play even the easiest Rush song these days.

I never tried playing All Along the Watchtower, but we would jam on Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) for ages.

Yes, and there is video (although I have no idea how I would go about making it internet ready). I was the drummer. I certainly didn't get the parts perfect, but I did ok for a teenager. It'd be the world's worst joke if I tried to play even the easiest Rush song these days.

I never tried playing All Along the Watchtower, but we would jam on Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) for ages.

voodoo chile..nice. my point about watchtower was that we could only play 3 chord tunes and just jam them out a la grateful dead. i can play a lot more intricate stuff these days, but never Rush, then or now. that is just so cool. i can't imagine going to some HS battle of the bands and seeing LA Villa.

funny story, we were basically the hippie band, go figure. we pulled together some band showcase thing sr. year and got a few other bands involved. so all these really bad HS bands playing red hot chili peppers and stuff play. we thought we were hot shit when we got out there and could actually solo. the last act was the Industrial Arts guys. they walk out on stage unassumingly and RIP into the most perfect rocking' version of skynyrd's gimme three steps! they were so damn good. i think they played some metallica that night as well as some other classic rock staples like Frankenstein. the next week the lead guitar dude from that band came up to me and said he could write out the music for their metallica songs for me. he was a badass.

ah, memories.