What albums are flawless to you?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's due to a nostalgia trip...but music doesn't really get better than this:

Crowded_house_-_ch.jpg

Guest Speed Racer

Amen to the Silver Jews. Unfortunately, each album has at least one song that bugs the bejeezus out of me and keeps it off the flawless list. The closest they came for me was Tanglewood Numbers, but I think that's purely sentimental on my part.

Amen to the Silver Jews. Unfortunately, each album has at least one song that bugs the bejeezus out of me and keeps it off the flawless list. The closest they came for me was Tanglewood Numbers, but I think that's purely sentimental on my part.

which song spoils the fun of _American Water_ for you? my least favorite track is probably "People" but even that's a pretty good song.

Agreed on people, and Send in the Clouds really drags for me.

there's a 7" of Send In The Clouds which condenses it. I love the phrasing of that song

I am the trick my mother played on the world

Seventeen doctors couldn't decide

whether I should be allowed in the game.

'buckingham rabbit' and 'the wild kindness' are immense songs.

my least favorite track is probably "People"

Agreed on people, and Send in the Clouds really drags for me.

I am sorry to say that we cannot be friends any more. Which is a shame, because I thought that we really had something.

:D

Guest Speed Racer

I am sorry to say that we cannot be friends any more. Which is a shame, because I thought that we really had something.

:D

You completely misunderstood what I wrote, though we do agree. :lol

No, I love the Jews. Love 'em to pieces. And on the songs I dislike, I still love the lyrics - but sometimes his stuff drags. "I'm Getting Back Into Getting Back Into You" might be one of my favorite songs of all time. And nothing David Berman wrote was even half as bad as "Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts."

Fine! Good lord, people! American Water is flawless! FLAWLESS!

I don't give a F*** what Tweedy said about it, but Nirvana's Nevermind is what turned me onto music.Flawless to my ears.I find it hilarious that Jeff thought it sounded over produced when in fact it's no more over produced than say AGIB or SBS.I also think that YHFT is a flawless album.There's humour when someone in their early to mid 20's tries to put down Nevermind,when they weren't even aware of what a storm that album caused,when in fact half the bands they listen to woudn't be on the radio if not for Nevermind.

• 6 months later...

Not going to go through the entire 12 previous pages, but I cannot remember if this one has been posted or not, but it is ABSOLUTELY perfect!:

4adde03ae7a02620ee92c110.L._AA300_.jpg

(Hell, I was probably the one who posted it, faulty memory that i have. But, fukkit, it deserves to be said again!)

EDIT:

Nope, nobody mentioned it yet.

I've never been known around here as an Elvis Costello fan, but his first four records may well be the pinacle of the singer/songwriter genre of the rock era.

MyAim_isTrue.jpg

Elvis-Costello-This-Years-Model.jpg

Elvis_costello_armed_forces_1.jpg

Elvis_Costello_-_Get_Happy%21%21.jpg

This thread came to mind while listening to this during a road trip recently.

PaulSimon-Front.jpg

I'll fist fight anyone who disagrees. :punch

This could also fit into the thread "Albums whose songs you can't help but sing.......with a smile on your face"

I LOVE this record...got the old LP from my Dad's collection a few years ago and it's definitely stocked in the "favorite" section.

Waylon Jennings--Honky Tonk Heroes is on the verge of perfection, for me.

I'm obviously very late on this thread, but for some reason I thought I was going to be the only one to mention "Honkey Tonk Heroes" To my ears it is flawless in the truest sense of the word.