2010 MLB - Playoffs and hot stove!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's beautiful so far.

Yeah...it really is.

This isn't the TEXAS RANGERS I grew up with.

what was the last thing the rangers public address announcer said before his dismissal??

"Now Batting.......................................................................................Chuck NORRRRRRRRRRRRRRISSSSSSSSS!!! :dancing

If it were the other way around I would. If Schilling had pitched for the Yanks and not the Sox, wouldn't you be impressed with his individual performance, Yankee-hate not withstandinding?

But I would never have admitted it, especially while the series was still going on. :ninja

Hmm. My father's ex college roommate is a huge die hard Yankees fan and my dad is a huge die hard Red Sox fan. (someone at Murray St had a sense of humor, I guess in making living conditions) In 2004, my dad's ex roommate never called up my father until sometime around April 2005 barely acknowledging the World Series victory. Although, I'm sure he was trying to look past the Yankees loss. Both knew what happened and my dad never really rubbed it in or addressed it either. Whatever.

Then in 2007, the same process occurred: phone call in April 2008 to talk about the new baseball season. LOL.

Wow...I watched Brooks Conrad boot a few against the Phils during their end of season series. His confidence looked shaken then.

After today???

oh my

Beautiful moment: Bobby Cox comes out of the dugout to congratulate and tip his hat to the Giants, who in turn all tipped their caps to him.

More thoughts on the LDS' in a bit....

Watching them celebrate last night, I realized how much I like these Rangers. I hope they don't get steamrolled in the ALCS.

It looks like the Rangers won 4 and lost 4 against the Yankees this season and they swept them in Sept. Should be a good series. Hoping for Rangers/Giants series. But I'm guessing TV executives are not.

It looks like the Rangers won 4 and lost 4 against the Yankees this season and the swept them in Sept. Should be a good series. Hoping for Rangers/Giants series. But I'm guessing TV executives are not.

It's really an odd experience today.

I was there at the first game at old turnpike staduim in 1972. Suffered through some of the worst baseball ever. Saw amazing runs by teams that had no business contending (1974, 1977, 1978, 1986). Saw the worst owner in the history of professional sports bankrupt the franchise. Saw the franchise sell its soul to bring in the worst fraud of a human being ever.

John Daniels and Nolan Ryan deserve all the credit here.

So glad this team won something.

damhe rangers seem to have stolen a page from the angels playbook....

aggressive baserunners......

"antlers" ????

It's Wash's playbook. This team has been running all year. Saw Hamilton scoring from second on infield singles twice in a week.

This team no longer relies on the three run home run...but if you don't pitch them carefully, they will take you yard.

You'll see a lot more of the 'antlers' and the 'claw' in the ALCS.

'Antlers' signifies kudos for a hustle, speed play (running like a deer). The 'Claw' is a long distance high-five (also for power plays).

Watching them celebrate last night, I realized how much I like these Rangers. I hope they don't get steamrolled in the ALCS.

Can't even describe the feeling. I know it's just one playoff series, but it means a lot for the franchise. It's a great group of guys. They are right up there with the 2005 Longhorns as my favorite teams of all-time.

so great to see the rangers get to the a.l. championship series... been following them since we (oklahoma city) became the triple-a farm team in '83. bittersweet, though, since next season the rangers are moving the team to round rock and we'll be the farm team for the houston astros...

anyone else suffering from baseball withdrawal?

"the waiting is

the hardest part'"

"The Weight"

John Waite

"Waiting on a Friend"?????