2010 MLB - Playoffs and hot stove!

that's the only two posts of mine that showed up here tonight?

Crap...I had some pretty pity statements about things...

Accessing the board through a Droid is ok...but I like using the laptop with the aircard.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Crow. Enjoy it for now, we'll be back tomorrow night. :)

The old school brother says "That's the way baseball go"

186485_ron_washington.jpg

So - will this help Prop 19?

MLB network guys now say they're not shocked Giants won. But go to the video tape of the night the Rangers aced the Yanks, and they were talkin' like neither the Giants or Phils had a chance vs. Texas. Come on, they had the 8th best record of the postseason teams, they were 7-4 postseason at the point, hardly an unstoppable machine. My theory: they were dazzled by any team that beat the Yankees.

Greatest baseball season I've ever witnessed! Thanks, Rangers!

Agreed. I think TEXAS must might become a baseball state after this season...

By the way, did you guys see me on the Pre-game show.

Here's a clue: Washington Senators.

Oh yeah...stories to share tonight.

After we got done hanging around the pregame show, we tried to see if we could sneak into the seats we occupied Saturday night (first deck, third base side underneath the overhang). As we settled in, I checked out the guy and his kid sitting next to me.

Darren Woodson (former Dallas Cowboy All Pro Safety).

After we decided it might be prudent to head to our actual seats (section 343: upperdeck right field...what were we thinking), the humanity for viewing was very interesting. The cocaine and boobjob set was certainly out tonight (the front runner crowd). Saw some unruly behavior from Giants fans (security came up and explained that we don't behave that way in Texas and let them keep their seats).

All in all, a very nice post season.

Now we need to fill some holes, sign our free agents and add a few key pieces.

You're Justin Beiber?

No...crowd shot

The old school brother says "That's the way baseball go"

186485_ron_washington.jpg

Yep...that's the way baseball go

I always liked him. It's amazing to me that he's only 76. He looked like he was 80 when he was still managing.

Sparky took over the Reds in 1970 at age 36, but he always looked older. His hair had turned white even before that. I made the trek up to Cooperstown in 2000 mostly to see him inducted into the HOF. Fisk and Perez were a nice bonus.

The bidding for free agents began today, launching us into the Hot Stove season!

I read that the Nationals are aiming to acquire a top starting pitcher and are willing to part with top prospects. Could D.C. be the destination for Zack Greinke?