2010 MLB - Playoffs and hot stove!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they're fools!

Perhaps they wanted raises or longer contracts. The MLB network could be a factor if they've been in contact with Miller and/or Morgan's agents. Fox should jump on them right away and dump Buck and McCarver. I can't stand either one of them.

Try sitting through even one White Sox game listening to the inane ramblings of Hawk Harrelson.....you'd quickly learn to appreciate these people that you complain about now.

Caught a chunk of The Tenth Inning last night on PBS. Holy balls is that stuff watchable.

Ditto. No commercials, either.

re: Morgan and Miller. I'm glad the curmudgeoning, repetitive (the "slaiii-der") Morgan was cut but I always enjoyed Miller. There are alot of shitty color and play-by-play guys out there but at least these two were tolerable, particularly Miller.

ESPN is going with the 3 man team of Jeff Goldblum, Alan Alda, & Sam Elliot.

Edit: It's now time to play Guess Where The Free Agent Is Going.....

Derek Jeter: Yankees. Tough one, folks. But Mr. NYY you should seriously consider taking a pay cut from $45 million for 3 years, so that your team can actually put its money to better use (read: Cliff Lee). And this comes from a Red Sox fan.

Adrian Beltre: Angels. I'd love for the Red Sox to resign him, but I think not signing him shows their cards for other plans.

Carl Crawford: Angels. They should make a pretty big splash, since they missed out on the playoffs for the 1st time in awhile.

Johnny Damon: Chicago White Sox. DH/OF

Manny Ramirez: Tampa Bay. I'm not sure if Chicago liked what they saw in one month.

Lance Berkman: Texas. I can see him coming in and taking over for Vladimir.

Hideki Matsui: Seattle.

Cliff Lee: Texas. NY is really hurting for some pitching, especially with Javier not likely being resigned & possibly Andy Pettite retiring. I think Lee is smart enough to realize that the pitching and team in Texas is a lot better than what New York has right now. Of course, buckets of cash can make you forget that pretty quickly.

Javier Vasquez: Washington. Better suited for the NL.

Jayson Werth: Red Sox. I really think that they will be one of the most active teams this off season. If not here, then out in Detroit where apparently the Tigers are mentioned with every big name free agent.

Carlos Pena: Red Sox. Hometown boy comes home and moves Kevin Youkilis to 3B, unless if they can pull off an Adrian deal.

John Buck: Red Sox. I keep hearing about this happening. I guess the Sox won't resign Varitek for a lil 1 year.

Adam Dunn: Detroit.

Victor Martinez: Detroit.

Vlad: Oakland A's.

I really think that San Diego is going to pull the trigger on an Adrian Gonzalez deal to Boston. Now I'm not sure who would be given up, but I think it would comprise of the following group: Jacoby Ellsbury, Jed Lowrie, Casey Kelly, and perhaps Daisuke.

Try sitting through even one White Sox game listening to the inane ramblings of Hawk Harrelson.....you'd quickly learn to appreciate these people that you complain about now.

Hawk has his issues, but I'll take him over Joe Buck (or Joe Morgan) any day.

I like Harrelson, too. Sure there may be some silent innings, because he is pouting about something ...but I'm usually pouting, too. I like his old school expressions. I prefer listening to Farmer/Jackson (the radio side), though. Farmer and Rooney were the best.

Was it GQ (or some other magazine) that called Harrelson the worst?

Being as WGN is a national channel I've listened to far more than one broadcast of "The Hawk." Sometimes I can tolerate him, sometimes not. He's had decent color analysts, though. It could be worse. Harrelson could still be GMing.

I'm spoiled. I grew up on Kalas.

The A's have made a lot of strange moves during the last couple of years ($10M for Ben Sheets and the Matt Holliday debacle).

Acquiring Holliday cost the A's Carlos Gonzalez. Perhaps Beane is trying to get fired by pretending he's running the Mets so he can get the hell out of Oakland.

I've said it before but Hawk Harrelson and his minion are insipid dolts. Can not stand listening to them. Harrelson's worse than George Frasier for the Rockies.

I've said it before but Hawk Harrelson and his minion are insipid dolts. Can not stand listening to them. Harrelson's worse than George Frasier for the Rockies.

His latest "minion" is Steve Stone, fyi ... long-suffering former sidekick of Harry Caray in his senile/even-more-drunk-than-usual years.

I'm just happy that the Rangers have great radio and TV guys. Mainly Eric Nadel and Tom Grieve.

Agreed...but I still miss Mark Holtz

American League Gold Gloves

Catcher: Joe Mauer (Twins)

First base: Mark Teixeira (Yankees)

Second base: Robinson Cano (Yankees)

Shortstop: Derek Jeter (Yankees)

Third base: Evan Longoria (Rays),

Outfield: Ichiro Suzuki (Mariners), Carl Crawford (Rays), Franklin Gutierrez (Mariners)

Pitcher: Mark Buehrle (White Sox)

Baseballreference wins:

500x_baseballreference.jpg

If you go to the website and click the "we can't believe it either" link, it takes you to a ranking of their "Runs Saved" stat that shows that Jeter cost his team more runs defensively than any other person who spent even an inning at SS in the American League. Go voters!

Baseballreference wins:

If you go to the website and click the "we can't believe it either" link, it takes you to a ranking of their "Runs Saved" stat that shows that Jeter cost his team more runs defensively than any other person who spent even an inning at SS in the American League. Go voters!

It probably should've been Alexei Ramirez, eh? Kind of funny, since he was statistically a very bad 2B. He always had the physical tools, but this year he seemed to have better concentration.

It probably should've been Alexei Ramirez, eh? Kind of funny, since he was statistically a very bad 2B. He always had the physical tools, but this year he seemed to have better concentration.

Yeah. It might just be a situation where his physical tools are more suited to SS, as well. Who knows.

Also important to keep in mind that defensive statistics are prone to yearly fluctuation just like offensive numbers, so he may regress.

Yup, it's pretty stunning. Not quite as bad as when Rafael Palmeiro won a Gold Glove the year he only played 28 games in the field, but still pretty bad.

Baseballreference wins:

Damn, it's gone.