Wilco to return to MASSMoCA for Solid Sound #2

Wednesday December 15, 2010

North Adams Transcript

NORTH ADAMS -- Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art officials confirmed Tuesday what many in the local arts community already have been talking about -- Wilco and its Solid Sound Festival will return to the city during the museum’s upcoming summer season.

"Wilco is coming back," Katherine Myers, museum spokeswoman, confirmed Tuesday.

She declined to confirm when the popular alt-country band would return to the city, saying that several dates -- including a rumored June date -- have been discussed.

However, the band is expected to make an announcement related to the Solid Sound Festival later this week, according to their spokeswoman Deb Bernardini.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh JOY!! This takes away the cruel chill of winter and fills me with hope for the spring!:hyper

I'll be brewing up some Wilco coffee :coffee and offering up :pray to the music gods to have this be as good as last year. What can they do to top themselves?

Wow. The rooms sold out before the announcement even?

My wife couldn't even get a room in North Adams, and she said most in Pittsfield are also booked. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilco/Solid Sound booked the whole Holiday Inn it's just 86 rooms.

My wife couldn't even get a room in North Adams, and she said most in Pittsfield are also booked. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilco/Solid Sound booked the whole Holiday Inn it's just 86 rooms.

I stayed in the Holiday Inn last year and it was extremely convenient. Bummer. Camping maybe?

When is she looking for... the entire month of June?

I can't wait for an official announcement & lineup. I suppose the latter won't be happening for a while, though.

I don't think it will ever have quite as easy-going a vibe as year one did but I think it will be great.

There's a plan in place to upgrade the city campground and I think they've added online booking.

When is she looking for... the entire month of June?

I can't wait for an official announcement & lineup. I suppose the latter won't be happening for a while, though.

Last weekend in June.

I would hit the Williamstown hotels then pretty quickly. The ones on Route 2 close to Williamstown (Willows, Orchard, Maple Terrace, Williams Inn) are within walking distance of the shuttle stop they ran last year.

Very convenient.

They are mostly sold out too for that last weekend in June.

I was able to reserve the last weekend in June at the Holiday Inn (6/23-6/26)

Weird, because I talked to both the reservations and the front desk and they are booked, they did take my name for a waiting list.

Intresting to note the Front Desk guy called it "That Music Weekend", so I think we nailed the correct weekend ;^)

Intresting to note the Front Desk guy called it "That Music Weekend", so I think we nailed the correct weekend ;^)

Porches mentioned that they were fully booked because of a concert as well. I think this is it. Thanks for the tip.

So looking forward to it.

Weird, because I talked to both the reservations and the front desk and they are booked, they did take my name for a waiting list.

I suggest trying again, I just booked a room for 6/23-27 2011

Just talked to the front desk at holiday inn and the guy said wilco booked the place weeks ago and it was all the performers staying there and said it wasn't worth getting on any waiting list.

Just to confirm...are we talking about the last weekend in June?

Just talked to the front desk at holiday inn and the guy said wilco booked the place weeks ago and it was all the performers staying there and said it wasn't worth getting on any waiting list.

86 performers... alright, alright! :thumbup

might just book in pittsfield....

I just got the last room at Blackinton Manor, 2 miles from MassMoca. Yeeeeeeow! Minorly bummed that we won't be at the Holiday Inn again, but so psyched to be celebrating our 12th anniversary the Solid Sound way!!! Now I just need to cancel the HI rooms I had reserved for every weekend in August...