Wilco to return to MASSMoCA for Solid Sound #2

Were any of you fine people part of the gathering / singalong that took place on the final night at the restaurant next to the Holiday Inn out on the patio? We walked up on you folks and watched and hung out for a bit as the place was closing that night.

Our historic valley/windsor lake camp spot was pretty quiet. We were camped next to the playground and near the office and showers. We had a neighbor who also attended the show and shared a beer. My crappy tent completely flooded on the final night when it was raining and soaked all of my clothes except what I was wearing so I slept in the car trashed the tent and checked all the wet clothes in the tent bag and washed them when I got home. All was well lol.

If anyone hears of booking there prior to first of the year let me know. I don't want to get left without a spot at that campsite.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our historic valley/windsor lake camp spot was pretty quiet. We were camped next to the playground and near the office and showers. We had a neighbor who also attended the show and shared a beer. My crappy tent completely flooded on the final night when it was raining and soaked all of my clothes except what I was wearing so I slept in the car trashed the tent and checked all the wet clothes in the tent bag and washed them when I got home. All was well lol.

If anyone hears of booking there prior to first of the year let me know. I don't want to get left without a spot at that campsite.

We wandered around town Sunday night everything seemed closed, it wasn't going to stop raining so we went back and hurridly took down our site in the dark and rain, a few hours later I was asleep in my warm dry bed.

Were you in the site that had 5 or 6 tents pitched in it across from the bathrooms?

i have shared this slide show homage to Solid Sound 2010 before, but for those on the fence about going and you need a push here it is again!

I definitely don't need a push but I thoroughly enjoyed your slideshow. Thanks.

We wandered around town Sunday night everything seemed closed, it wasn't going to stop raining so we went back and hurridly took down our site in the dark and rain, a few hours later I was asleep in my warm dry bed.

Were you in the site that had 5 or 6 tents pitched in it across from the bathrooms?

We only had 2 tents.

Here's a link to the pictures I took over the weekend.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/faxman75/Solid%20Sound%20Fest%202010%20Wilco/

Camp

Aug_14_2010_2247.jpg

i have shared this slide show homage to Solid Sound 2010 before, but for those on the fence about going and you need a push here it is again!

Where's the "Like" button on Via Chicago when you need it?

Were any of you fine people part of the gathering / singalong that took place on the final night at the restaurant next to the Holiday Inn out on the patio? We walked up on you folks and watched and hung out for a bit as the place was closing that night.

I remember you guys. I took part in some playing and singing, and mayhaps I will bring my own guitar this time out.

We only had 2 tents.

Here's a link to the pictures I took over the weekend.

http://s238.photobuc...202010%20Wilco/

Got it, you were on that loop that goes around the playground when you first get in, we were on the next left, I think it was site 48. Hope to see you in June, I think we're bring the whole family this year.

Looking for a place, try Belles Victorian on Maple in Adams -- a B&B with 3 rooms. Stayed there last year and booked the Cottage Room again for "1. Beautifu house, 10 minute drive right down 8 to venue to MassMoca, and the best friggen breaksfast.

And Ice Tea and lemn cookies when I arrived. Tell Mary Lou Barb sent ya!

I think this might have been my favorite part of Solid Sound 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZxP-jXvVrU

It's so hard to pick favorite moments from that show, but yeah, this was definitely one of them. (Although I have to say, it was nice to actually hear Jeff sing that song when I saw him in Charlottesville last week. You almost forget how good it sounds when he does it himself.) Also loved that Jeff said right afterward--at SSF--that it sounded like we might've done that before! He said that next year they'd publish a list of songs as possible singalongs so we wouldn't "have to" do that one again. So I think we need to start a campaign to decide which song should be the new official singalong for SSF 2011!

Another one of my favorite moments from the show was IATTBYH. I won't bother posting since it'll get taken down right away, so search for IATTBYH at Solid Sound on youtube if you haven't seen it. It's the one posted by OKalrightOKalright.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy.

I finally decided to give this a shot and now i feel like it's WAY over my head...

I'm travelling from Southern California to the East 'coast' for the first time and am confused on even which airport to fly into (!?)

Anyone have an extra spot on their campground that I can rent? It's definitely the route I'd rather take to get the most out of this trip but am a little weary of camping solo, especially when VCers are going to be communing nearby!

If you are part of the VC camping caravan and have a spot for one more please message me.

cheers,

Ana

Hi Ana, Great! Solid Sound last year was so great, and western Massachusetts can be so beautiful in the spring. I can't help you with camping, but i can with other travel arrangements. I will say, if you are camping, stock up on bug spray. June can be pretty buggy.

The closest airports are Albany, NY and Hartford, CT. There may be one nonstop to Hartford from LA, American I think? Maybe not, routes change often. Both support major carriers and they are about 1 hour and 1 1/2, respectively. Both have Southwest and JetBlue if you want to look at discount carriers. After that, Boston and NYC will have more direct flights and could possibly be cheaper. From Boston, I would say you are looking at 2 1/2 hours, a little more from NY. None of the NY airports much more convenient than any other one. I will say that driving out from NYC could be a bit intimidating, Boston less so. From Albany its country roads all the way; from Hartford it is highway mostly but a not crowded mostly straight shot.

Hope this helps, let me know what you end up doing!