Wilco to return to MASSMoCA for Solid Sound #2

I know, I was on the phone with them all morning, counting down the minutes, for some reason I get every piece of email from them except a new passowrd! I run my own mail server and I know I'm not blocking their mail. I ended up with a new account using a Yahoo account which he said he linked to my old account, I got in at exactly 10:30, and "early worm" 2010 prices were sold out, but I got 5 tickets at regular "early worm" prices, but it not about the money, right, because I'M IN BABY!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got your tickets. And yes, this really isn't about the money. These experiences are unforgettable. If its 1/2 as good as last year, it will still be worth $100 for a ticket.
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that idea, but what if the entire album was the yet-to-be-released one? That raises an interesting possibility (which has been thoroughly discussed in another thread)...

Wilco (The Next Album)?

the scroll on wilcoworld says an announcement today regarding SSF at 1pm EST. hopefully some line-up info!

Unfortunately, I suspect that's probably just left over from the previous (first) announcement on Jan. 18. :hmm

But I could be wrong...:pirate

Apparently a couple of people on here got those, but I wasn't one of them. Like others who tried, I was in there right at 10:30, password in hand, but I got "not available." No biggie--the early worm pricing is still a great deal--but it would have been nice just for braggin' rights!

Was anyone to buy a ticket using the "Return Trip" option for $86.50? I never saw that option when tickets first went on sale and you can see them here now:

http://solidsoundfestival.com/

Hi, Dude. Met you at the first SSF. I was able to get a pair of the "Return Trip" tickets - signed in to the ticketing site at 10:25 and probably just got lucky. Can't wait for June!

Hi, Dude. Met you at the first SSF. I was able to get a pair of the "Return Trip" tickets - signed in to the ticketing site at 10:25 and probably just got lucky. Can't wait for June!

Awesome! :cheers Who were you again?

Beth here. We stayed at the House on Main Street last year. Weren't able to book there again, but we found a place nearby.

i sure remember you Beth. Allison and myself snagged the same room we has last year at the House on Main. Sorry your not going to be there with us this year. You should call Tim (the inn keeper) and see if you can at least come for breakfast.

BTW loving the Wilco eye chart poster you sent me. Your too kind! :thumbup

i sure remember you Beth. Allison and myself snagged the same room we has last year at the House on Main. Sorry your not going to be there with us this year. You should call Tim (the inn keeper) and see if you can at least come for breakfast.

BTW loving the Wilco eye chart poster you sent me. Your too kind! :thumbup

Breakfast would be fun - I'll have to do some heavy reading to prepare (if you know what I mean). Tim's a trip!

I would have liked to stay there again, but the house was booked solid weeks ago.

Glad you like the poster.

"Hi" to Allison :wave

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Solid Sounders, if any of you are still scrambling for lodging, let me know. I have a hotel room in Williamstown that it turns out I won't need, since I got offered a room at a place I prefer. But before I simply cancel my extra room, I thought I'd see first if there was a VCer who needed it.

Drop me a line if you do! :thumbup

While we wait for the announcement at 10 am tomorrow, check out the new look and content of the SSF website

http://solidsoundfestival.com/

Also, it looks like the early worm pricing is gone. Just regular $124.50 weekend pass tickets left.

I'm pretty excited about what might be announced. Someone on Facebook is speculating that Beck might be there. Seems too good to be true, but I guess we'll know soon enough. . .

I was just checking out the festival's website on my iPhone and the (seemingly incomplete/unusable) mobile version had a few interesting tidbits that didn't seem to link to anything in particular:

SPLASH WITH SONIC YOUTH

SPLASH NO SONIC YOUTH

DAVE DOUGLAS & BRASS ECSTASY

So it appears that Sonic Youth may or may not appear at the festival.