Wilco to return to MASSMoCA for Solid Sound #2

Just to confirm...are we talking about the last weekend in June?

yeah, i was inquiring about the 24, 25, 26

I just got the last room at Blackinton Manor, 2 miles from MassMoca. Yeeeeeeow! Minorly bummed that we won't be at the Holiday Inn again, but so psyched to be celebrating our 12th anniversary the Solid Sound way!!! Now I just need to cancel the HI rooms I had reserved for every weekend in August...

i tried calling this place and nobody picked up! dammit,..happy for you tho

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few false starts, I was able to secure 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn and I am thrilled! HOWEVER . . .they are smoking rooms, and we would greatly prefer non-smoking. (I just found out that one of the couples has a severely asthmatic daughter.)

Is there anyone on this board who has booked one or more non-smoking rooms at the Holiday Inn who would be willing to exchange your reservation for mine? The rooms I have booked have 2 queen beds in the room. I'd love to find 2 non-smoking rooms, but would greatly appreciate even one. I've checked with the hotel directly and they definitely said they can't switch me out.

Oh, by the way, our reservations are for 4 nights, beginning Thursday, 6/23 and checking out Monday, 6/27. Thanks!

I was able to book a room at the Orchards Hotel in Williamstown online at booking.com.

I was not able to book one from the hotel website however. I think I might have booked the last one.

I never trust booking online especially when the hotel website says there are no rooms available but you can still go to a site like booking.com and get one. Do they allow for a certain number of rooms to be booked that way?

After a few false starts, I was able to secure 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn and I am thrilled! HOWEVER . . .they are smoking rooms, and we would greatly prefer non-smoking. (I just found out that one of the couples has a severely asthmatic daughter.)

Did you do this through the web or did you call?

I got the 2nd-to-last room at Blackington Manor. We stayed there last year, it's perfectly fine. The owners are slow talkers but the breakfast is yummy. They hooked us up with restaurant owner friends and they let us park right near Mass MOCA with no problems at all.

Did you do this through the web or did you call?

I was trying online and couldn't get it confirmed, so I called the Holiday Inn reservations number (central reservations). The guy at first said nothing available, so I moved it back to a Thursday arrival, and he supposedly found 3 rooms, one of which was non-smoking. Then, before he could get a confirmation number, the non-smoking room disappeared. So that's how I got 2 smoking rooms, with arrival a day earlier than I really wanted. But still, the Holiday Inn is where I really want to be, so even if I have to get there a day earlier, no biggie.

This is all, by the way, after several hours of back and forth with the hotel directly and previous booking attempts. I do actually have confirmation numbers so the hotel has assured me that I'm safe.

Is there anyone on this board who has booked one or more non-smoking rooms at the Holiday Inn who would be willing to exchange your reservation for mine? The rooms I have booked have 2 queen beds in the room. I'd love to find 2 non-smoking rooms, but would greatly appreciate even one. I've checked with the hotel directly and they definitely said they can't switch me out.

Oh, by the way, our reservations are for 4 nights, beginning Thursday, 6/23 and checking out Monday, 6/27. Thanks!

how did you do this when the guy said it was completely booked??

Just reserved at the Williamstown Motel, looks like a real dump but it's a bed secured and if I see something better I can always upgrade

I'll be staying at that same dump. :dontgetit

Oh well. We won't be spending much time in the room anyway...and I've stayed in my fair share of crappy hotels, so I can handle it.

I've never been inside:

flatiron

Not sure this was ever posted last year.

anyone stay at this place last year? how was it?

Hotel bookings are f'ed up is how. I just PM'd you, by the way.

i called the front desk twice and the guy was giggling saying there are no rooms left and he doesnt know how people are booking rooms

Oh well. We won't be spending much time in the room anyway...and I've stayed in my fair share of crappy hotels, so I can handle it.

oh yeah, I'm not bothered. Just need a place to sleep and shower between fest days.

when the time comes, remind me that you're there - we'll be 2 coming in from Toronto, would be nice to have a potential motel beers crew post-show

Just FYI to all. Last year I stayed at The Willows and it was a very nice, albeit basic, kind of place. If there are rooms still available, I'd recommend it. The owners were very nice and accommodating, and the price was right--about $125 a night, if I remember correctly. It was in Williamstown, about 7 miles away from Mass MoCA, but very easy to get to and from.

I'll probably stay at the same campground, maybe this year I'll move up in the world and get a camper :thumbup

I'll probably stay at the same campground, maybe this year I'll move up in the world and get a camper :thumbup

were you @ Savoy Mt? I stayed there last year and it was great. I just called and they are sold out for that weekend. Damn, where there a lot of speculators snapping up reservations left and right???

Just FYI to all. Last year I stayed at The Willows and it was a very nice, albeit basic, kind of place. If there are rooms still available, I'd recommend it. The owners were very nice and accommodating, and the price was right--about $125 a night, if I remember correctly. It was in Williamstown, about 7 miles away from Mass MoCA, but very easy to get to and from.

just booked a room there.

:cheers

geographically I think it's in a good spot - a few hours drive from several major cities and yet nicely away from all of them. Can't speak for the venue itself but it looks awesome from pics and past reviews.

sure it's a bummer if you're not in the Northeast but a consistent venue is important for a festivals growth, especially one without a crazy advertising budget like SS

Guest Speed Racer

Anybody else a little bummed that they aren't taking Solid Sound somewhere different in 2011?

Anybody else weirded out that no dates have been announced and yet people are booking hotels like crazy?

Anybody else a little bummed that they aren't taking Solid Sound somewhere different in 2011?

There was really something "special" in the air last year in that everyone who wanted to be there had to make at least a bit of an "effort". You didn't get a bunch of casual, big city type fans. Everyone who was there really wanted to be there. I think Wilco felt that - planned for it - and valued it. The facility is spectacular, the band and fans loved it. Why change?

Because it's an expensive town with two hotels (which are both already sold out) and not enough restaurants to support the number of people the festival will draw that's almost two hours from even regional airports and train stations. Last year was terrific, but there are plenty of more accessible places they could have tried this year. If you're not psychic and already booked a room, you're already pretty much screwed. I'm stressed out about logistics already and the dates haven't even been announced.