Wilco to return to MASSMoCA for Solid Sound #2

uh-oh...

that's where I'm reserved, I'd better make some confirmation inquiries.

"I've got reservations"

yeah I would call them. It's weird, I gave them my credit card as a hold on the room, they could have just called me and ask if they could run the card to pre-pay. I understand that it's a crazy weekend and they want to make $ on all their rooms. But I never heard anything from them.

Whatever, I now have a room confirmed and I'm ready to party

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the weather, I urge you not even to ponder it.

Nearly every day is "chance of thunderstorms" here all summer. It will either be nice or not as nice and that could change back and forth over the course of a few hours.

When you want to plan a cookout here, you throw a dart at the calender. :yes

yeah I would call them. It's weird, I gave them my credit card as a hold on the room, they could have just called me and ask if they could run the card to pre-pay. I understand that it's a crazy weekend and they want to make $ on all their rooms. But I never heard anything from them.

Whatever, I now have a room confirmed and I'm ready to party

Well, I called, and they have my room. But it turns out that they have a room with a single bed reserved for me, and my booking confirmation clearly states double bed. I'll have to pack the air mattress. I agree that in both of our cases the motel is just trying to maximize revenue on this busy weekend.

In your case, if they had a credit card, that implies a contract, and they should be responsible for compensating you for any price difference of your new hotel.

Safe travels to all... See you in the Berkshires.

Well, I called, and they have my room. But it turns out that they have a room with a single bed reserved for me, and my booking confirmation clearly states double bed. I'll have to pack the air mattress. I agree that in both of our cases the motel is just trying to maximize revenue on this busy weekend.

In your case, if they had a credit card, that implies a contract, and they should be responsible for compensating you for any price difference of your new hotel.

Safe travels to all... See you in the Berkshires.

Good to hear!

I called again today to ask a question, and of course they now had me booked in 2 different rooms. I guess when I called yesterday they couldn't find my original booking, which is why I ordered another one, lol. Anyways, everything is sorted out now, I got my original room at a great rate.

Which means there's now a room with 2 queens available at Williamstown Motel, for $179 per night. Since it's last minute, he was asking me if I knew anybody and mentioned he might make a deal. So if you call, tell him Richard sent you, maybe it'll help :)

413-458-5202

Good to hear!

I called again today to ask a question, and of course they now had me booked in 2 different rooms. I guess when I called yesterday they couldn't find my original booking, which is why I ordered another one, lol. Anyways, everything is sorted out now, I got my original room at a great rate.

Which means there's now a room with 2 queens available at Williamstown Motel, for $179 per night. Since it's last minute, he was asking me if I knew anybody and mentioned he might make a deal. So if you call, tell him Richard sent you, maybe it'll help :)

413-458-5202

I tell ya, these guys are something. The management knows I need the double room, but stuck me in a single because I locked in @ $90 a night. Thanks for the info, I'll give them a call.

Regardless of how your stay goes, I would post a review on Trip Advisor about what the management put you through. There aren't many hotels in this area, so people need to know that this one will apparently play games with customers to make a little extra money during busy times. I'm glad it sounds like you both got things sorted out!

Well, the weather certainly made things a bit damp, but overall, another excellent Solid Sound Festival! My only question/complaint, what the hell happened to the bahn mi sandwiches? There were many more excellent food choices this year, but man, I missed those bahn mi sandwiches...

Well, the weather certainly made things a bit damp, but overall, another excellent Solid Sound Festival! My only question/complaint, what the hell happened to the bahn mi sandwiches? There were many more excellent food choices this year, but man, I missed those bahn mi sandwiches...

I missed those sandwiches too. Also, I stayed at the Williamstown Motel and they were very nice people. They also own Spiceroot, the people selling Indian Food at the festival. When we told them that we staying at their motel, they even gave us a free lassi. I just wanted to say, they were nice and the room was fine.

Festival was amazing even in the rain.

I also stayed at the Williamstown Motel. The communication between the owner and I before our stay was very strange. I think he was worried that we weren't going to show up (and he also realized he could make more $$ b/c of the high demand). Regardless, he was very kind when we arrived and the room was just fine.

My father and I had a great time again this year. I want to say thanks to the many people near us on Saturday (up front, centerish) that not only made the rain tolerable, but turned the whole ordeal into a really entertaining/ pleasant experience. I'm really not a festival person, but there's something special about Wilco fans that make this whole experience really, really great. I've been convinced that I ought to do some traveling for this upcoming tour. See you all then!

T