Wilco to return to MASSMoCA for Solid Sound #2

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this lodge looks really beautiful

just wondering, did anyone or anyone know anyone who stayed at the flatiron bldg last year?

i didn't stay there but i did visit and checked out the lodging with a walk through. There are dorm type areas that are very affordable or individual rooms that are a bit more. Nothing fancy, but if i had a large group that wanted to stay together or were tiring to save $$ i would choose this place way before camping. It's a bit of a drive down the mountain because of the two lane winding road. But leads you on the same place the main camping spot is for N. Adams is. And it's breathtaking all the way down. If you look back a few pages of this thread in the slide show i shared, the pictures of the landscape at the beginning of the show were taken from the tower just next to the lodge.

i would recommend it, and I would stay there if I didn't love the B&B I found and stayed at last year in Williamstown. If i ever took my whole family to solid sound, kids and all, this is the place i would book. Funny thing is, last year they were not fully booked for solid sound. I think their main booking deal is weddings.

Wilco’s Solid Sound Festival – an intimate three day celebration of music, comedy, art and community – returns to MASS MoCA in North Adams, MA June 24 – 26. Envisioned by Wilco and presented in collaboration with MASS MoCA, America’s largest center for contemporary art, this year’s festival boasts two headline concerts by Wilco, a comedy cabaret hosted by John Hodgman, the new Solid Ground tent site for nearby camping, a Euclid Records pop-up store, a wide array of all-ages programming and much more. Tickets are on sale 11am EST this Friday, Jan. 21 through the festival’s official website SolidSoundFestival.com, through the MASS MoCA box office and through massmoca.org. See below for complete details on tickets, including early-bird pricing, single-day tickets, free and reduced-fee ticketing for children and more.

Tickets for Solid Sound 2011 are on-sale 11am EST this Friday, January 21 through solidsoundfestival.com, massmoca.org and the MASS MoCA box office. Prices listed below include admission to festival, museum fees and service fees.

3-Day Pass

“Early Worm” Price = $99.50 (limited quantity available)

Regular = $124.50

Single-Day “Early Worm”

Friday = $65

Saturday = $78

Sunday = $65

There are a limited number of single-day tickets available at special “early worm” pricing. Should any of these allotments sell out, there’s no guarantee more will become available.

Children 6 & under are free at Solid Sound. As a special offer this year, weekend festival passes for kids ages 7-10 are $50 and ONLY AVAILABLE at the Solid Sound Box Office, starting Friday, June 24. They will be available throughout the entire weekend.

I almost just posted this....

Did you find it via the Wilcoworld link?

I'm hoping for some more band announcements today, but I'm thinking this is all that we are going to get today.

Edit: Wait a minute. Let me read that again. (reads first two sentences) Two headlining concerts by Wilco. (shits pants) :stunned

I almost just posted this....

Did you find it via the Wilcoworld link?

I'm hoping for some more band announcements today, but I'm thinking this is all that we are going to get today.

Edit: Wait a minute. Let me read that again. (reads first two sentences) Two headlining concerts by Wilco. (shits pants) :stunned

Sorry, it was here.

I do believe they had initially announced two Wilco spots last year, too. I hope they hold to it this year! And :rock

I'm guessing no band announcements until after the early worm tickets go on sale. I'm not surprised to see a price increase from last year. However, I'm surprised it was only a $15 increase. Still the best music festival deal around (if you love Wilco, of course.)

I'll be getting tickets come Friday, for sure. Last year they didn't sell out fast at all, but I'm wondering if this year will be different due to the great response from last year's festival.

is it fair to assume that the wilco shows will fall on friday and saturday, and jeff would play solo on sunday? i'm incredibly excited for SSF2, and plan on buying tickets on friday. i wish they'd announce a few additional bands-- it seems a bit strange to begin selling tickets to a festival without announcing any accompanying bands. then again, most of us will be attending regardless :thumbup

is it fair to assume that the wilco shows will fall on friday and saturday, and jeff would play solo on sunday? i'm incredibly excited for SSF2, and plan on buying tickets on friday. i wish they'd announce a few additional bands-- it seems a bit strange to begin selling tickets to a festival without announcing any accompanying bands. then again, most of us will be attending regardless :thumbup

I would think so. If the countdown clock is accurate, the festivities begin Friday at 5:00. Seems like that would be in line with a Friday night Wilco show. While the Tweedy show solo was so beautiful last year, it was kind of a weird way to end such an extravagant weekend. It felt odd to just walk away from all that. I hope they do something this year to put some closure on things, iike maybe a group hug or something. Something to help us come down from it all.

Wow, do you guys think it's possible that there would actually be two Wilco concerts plus something with Jeff solo? :pray I mean, that would be incredible, but it seems like too much to even hope for. I don't want to set myself up for a disappointment. (Seems misplaced to even include the word disappointment in relation to this event, but you know what I mean.) Maybe on Saturday night they would open with Jeff solo, then bring out the rest of the band? But then what about Sunday?

Oh crap, why am I obsessing about this already? We'll find out the details soon enough, I guess. This is gonna be soooo awesome!:P

And John Hodgman! How cool is that??

Great news on two shows by Wilco at Solid Sound! This is the tipping point for me. Let's see, me and 4 kids - $348.50. That is doable for a weekend of Wilco and more. Now to find a campsite that is not too far away (but is not on a 15 X 18 foot plot and allows no fires - can't see the Solid Ground Camping as a great experience). Can't wait for June!

In case you missed it ... There's CAMPNG near the venue this year. Tent plots go on sale tomorrow.

In other news, I was able to reserve a site at Historic Valley/Windsor Lake yesterday.

http://solidsoundfestival.com/info/solid-ground-tent-site

Solid Ground Tent Site

MASS MoCA has teamed up with the City of North Adams to provide a field within easy walking distance (a little over one half mile) from the festival and museum, downtown merchants, bars and restaurants. This is a basic, open field tent site: services are limited to porta-potties and drinking water.

The details:

Tent plots go on sale Wed, Jan 19th, at 11am EST.

Rate: $80 per tent plot, $100 for RVs for the weekend

Space is limited and advance reservations are required.

Reservations and payment will be handled through the MASS MoCA box office, by phone or in person only. For reservations call (413) 662-2111 between 11am and 5pm, any day except Tuesdays.

The site is located on soccer and playing fields south of Joe Wolfe Baseball Field on Route 8 approximately .7 miles south of MASS MoCA (towards Adams).

Each tent plot reservation includes one 15 x 18’ space, plus a nearby parking space for one (non RV) vehicle. However, the site will not be set up for car-side camping, so please pack light! For parties with more than one vehicle, extra vehicle parking will be provided in a designated remote lot, served by the Solid Sound shuttle bus.

Plots and RV parking will be allocated by the order in which your reservation is made. You will be sent reservation credentials which you must present at the check-in gateway to the tent field.

The RV slots do not have sewer or water hookups.  Electrical hookup availability is tbd.

Check in begins Friday, June 24, at 11am.

Check out is by Sunday, June 26, by 8pm.

A maximum of 4 persons per plot, enforced.

No open fires. Coleman-type camp stoves permitted.

No glass bottles.

No illegal substances.

Please note, there will be some on-site security, including 24 hour monitoring, but campers are strongly advised to not leave valuables in tents, and lock your cars. The City of North Adams and MASS MoCA will not be responsible for loss of valuables.