128689471394802268.jpg

Crap

Brain lock

---SS, my dream announcing team would be Bob Costas and Vern Vin Scully.

That would be greatness icarnated

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Milwaukee, the deafening rumor is that Ryan Braun was taking prescription medication for herpes, which inadvertently resulted in the failed test. I have no idea whether there is any truth to this rumor, but if it's true it does explain a lot of the weirdness related to this saga, including why the players union is so peeved about the breach of confidentiality. I'm not sure whether a revelation that it was prescription rather than PED will matter much--after all, something was indeed in his system--but the gossip mill says that it might result in a 25-game suspension (or no suspension). Braun can't escape humiliation here, but there's a difference between being a patient and being a cheater. We'll know the truth soon enough.

I hope MLB tracks down the individual who leaked this and has them terminated.

In the effort to be the first, people are really being hurt and humiliated.

Braun has the test results leaked by somebody wanting to be the first to share a juicy story and he may now be forced to admit to an even more humiliting issue.

Mike Sherman learned he was fired by a tweet because somebody wanted to impress their pal in the media.

The most important things that has been lost in this era of instant information are integrity and restraint. The world is a coarser place.

MLB reports Texas Rangers win Darvish negotiation rights.

the gossip mill says that it might result in a 25-game suspension (or no suspension).

MLB has a precedence for the 25 game suspension. That's what they offered J.C. Romero when he tested positive after using a supplement that wasn't fully and properly labeled. Romero turned down the 25 game suspension because he did not want to say he was guilty, so he received the mandatory 50 game suspension. Perhaps the privacy issue will prompt MLB to waive Braun's suspension.

MLB has a precedence for the 25 game suspension. That's what they offered J.C. Romero when he tested positive after using a supplement that wasn't fully and properly labeled. Romero turned down the 25 game suspension because he did not want to say he was guilty, so he received the mandatory 50 game suspension. Perhaps the privacy issue will prompt MLB to waive Braun's suspension.

With all this being said, it still will cast a shadow over Braun. There will be many who cry conspiracy theory and MLB wanting to protect the NL MVP. I am not sure the conspiracists are wrong.

It has been my long standing belief that MLB cares nothing about PEDs and are only so stringent about PEDs because Congress got in the mix and public opinion dictated something to be done. Johnny everyman (non baseball fan), wants to see home runs, high scoring games, and the "stars" out on the field for 162 games. No one wants to see a 1-2 ball game with Joe Minor leaguer in left field. PEDs prevent that from happening.

I have said from the outset of this Braun thing, it ain't good.

I hope the herpes thing is true cause that's fucking funny.

Really?

Karma dude, Karma

• 2 weeks later...

I love this for the Marlins. High upside move with little risk. Paying Zambrano what we would have paid Volstad is excellent.

Little risk, I don't know about that. Z is not a good clubhouse guy and can bring down a team with his antics.

I love this for the Marlins. High upside move with little risk. Paying Zambrano what we would have paid Volstad is excellent.

Things could get interesting with Zambrano and Hanley in the clubhouse.

http://phillyburbs.csnphilly.com/01/12/12/Romero-drug-makers-settle-over-2009-ban/phillyburbs_landing.html?blockID=630062&feedID=10496

J.C. Romero just got a little vindication with the settlement of his lawsuit against the maker of the tainted supplements he consumed and tested positive for.

Sucks about V Mart getting injured .. hoping the Tigers make a move for Vlad or Pena but I have a feeling they will sign Ordonez for a reduced rate and plug him in at DH .. not all bad, Maggs can still hit ... just cant run