• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13. I Love My Label

14. Message From Mid-Bar

15. Speak Into The Rose

16. Black Moon (Alternate Version)

17. Sometimes It Happens

WOW! Very generous!! :thumbup

Edit: Also, I just noticed that the album artwork is very different for the iTunes deluxe version.

Songs 13 through 16 are shown as Disc 2 on the deluxe vesion, and Song 17 : Sometimes It Happens is listed as the second song on Side 4 for the of the LP set.

so I think if you ordered the deluxe CD and the LP you should be fine! Just not sure if the LP download will include "Sometimes It Happens"...

I always enjoy running into this issue. I'll definitely buy the LP, which comes with a CD copy too, but it's unclear if that CD will have the same tracklisting as the LP -- mainly, the bonus track "Sometimes it Happens." Then I could also order the deluxe CD, for which I'd only need it for the bonus tracks -- but it doesn't include "Sometimes it Happens."

Or I could order the album on iTunes to make sure I get everything digitally.

Option #1

LP + Deluxe CD = $43 (but does the CD that comes with the LP -- not the deluxe one -- include "Sometimes it Happens"?)

Option #2

LP + iTunes album = $39.99 (get everything digitally in iTunes + complimentary CD w/LP)

Essentially, I'm going to end up paying for the same stuff a few times over.

I almost preordered the vinyl, until I saw that the cheapest shipping option was over $11. HAAAAAAAAA! That's nearly half the cost of the vinyl itself. Oh, Kung Fu. No. I'll be buying that in a record store.

Good call. I forgot about shipping. I just might support my [only] local record store instead.

I hate it when bands pull this shit. It forces their long time hardcore fans to either buy the album multiple times or resort to pirating of the bonus tracks.

Good call. I forgot about shipping. I just might support my [only] local record store instead.

That was my plan. Let's hope they stock the Deluxe edition!

Well, I can only assume some people might feel comfortable pre-ordering/buying either the LP or the deluxe CD and downloading whatever they missed from the other. Those people feel like they supported the band by buying and enjoying their product.... it's like paying for a mixed drink and then reaching across the bar to grab a cherry.

I don't know what I will do about that. Hmmmm.... Sometimes Wilco resolves these issues for us before we have to either spend a ton of extra money, or do something that is ethically questionable.

It's a pain that they're not including the one itunes bonus track with the deluxe CD, but it seems like bands do this all the time, only to release the bonus tracks as one-off freebies over the next several months.

Given the shipping cost, I'm tempted to just buy through Amazon like I do for everything else, but I will probably preorder the CD through the band's store in order to get the download.

For Wilco (the album) I definitely noticed that the download from the band's store was better-sounding than my own rip from the CD, even though both were at similarly high bitrates. I believe (though who knows for sure) that the official download is an mp3 of the vinyl master, rather than of the CD. Which is weird, but ultimately worth a few extra bucks.

Can someone produce a logarithm that can tell me the cheapest way to get the record and all the music available without getting a tote bag and a single I already have while still entertaining the thought of purchasing a t-shirt if it doesn't increase the shipping by more than 30%. I would do it myself but I don't have the time and I just remembered I'm a construction worker.

I always enjoy running into this issue. I'll definitely buy the LP, which comes with a CD copy too, but it's unclear if that CD will have the same tracklisting as the LP -- mainly, the bonus track "Sometimes it Happens." Then I could also order the deluxe CD, for which I'd only need it for the bonus tracks -- but it doesn't include "Sometimes it Happens."

Or I could order the album on iTunes to make sure I get everything digitally.

Option #1

LP + Deluxe CD = $43 (but does the CD that comes with the LP -- not the deluxe one -- include "Sometimes it Happens"?)

Option #2

LP + iTunes album = $39.99 (get everything digitally in iTunes + complimentary CD w/LP)

Essentially, I'm going to end up paying for the same stuff a few times over.

CD over MP3 anyday. Plus it's good for the sake of collecting.

It's a pain that they're not including the one itunes bonus track with the deluxe CD, but it seems like bands do this all the time, only to release the bonus tracks as one-off freebies over the next several months.

Given the shipping cost, I'm tempted to just buy through Amazon like I do for everything else, but I will probably preorder the CD through the band's store in order to get the download.

For Wilco (the album) I definitely noticed that the download from the band's store was better-sounding than my own rip from the CD, even though both were at similarly high bitrates. I believe (though who knows for sure) that the official download is an mp3 of the vinyl master, rather than of the CD. Which is weird, but ultimately worth a few extra bucks.

unfortunately, they didn't do this with the W(TA) outtake Dark Neon. Would've liked to see a tour ep or something with some live tracks and Dark Neon at least.

vinyl master vs. cd master? this makes me nuts. i've heard that the vinyl of WTA sounds warmer and less compressed. wish there was some way to hear it. or maybe i'll just forget it exists.

It would be a hell of a lot easier to shrug off the dad-rock label if you weren't handing out soccer mom pre-order goodies.

They won't shrug off the dad-rock label until they stop selling the coffee mugs, robes, and slippers...