• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone get the latest e-mail from the Wilco Store?

On top of all that, every pre-order comes with an instant download of the album track "I Might" plus a download of the complete album on release day (Sept. 27th). As icing on the proverbial cake, during the 9 weeks of our preorder, we'll do three drawings each week. That's 27 prizes including a one-of-a-kind, fixed speed Wilco Bicycle (hand-assembled in Chicago), a vintage Polaroid camera with some photos taken by the band, extremely ltd. vinyl test pressings, and 24 other prizes listed on the contest page. As they say on TV, the sooner you pre-order, the more chances you have to win.

Alright, that's it for this week's sales pitch -- we're getting our record co. chops down day by day. Back to taking orders.

See you soon.

fixed speed bike? Wilco's gone full hipster. Although that bike is pretty damn sweet.

wilco-bike-large.jpg

It's really coming down to how badly I want a t-shirt. The bundles at the Anti store are 4 bucks cheaper with a dark blue instead of light blue shirt. The shipping fees of $11 seem exorbitant. Since I can get the iTunes preorder for $15 and the vinyl from Amazon for $24 all with no shipping costs, I would essentially be spending over $30 for a t-shirt once you add in shipping from Kung Fu or Anti.

Gonna get the iTunes version, for the extra tracks.

I'll probably wind up getting the CD version at some point too, just because artists I really love I like to have physical copies of their albums as well.

52 page booklet? it doesn't mention what is inside of it. im guessing photos, etc....

What makes you think it's full of photos or trivial band info? I would like to think it's a recipe book on how to achieve whole love and live a peaceful, meaningful existence. :P

It's really coming down to how badly I want a t-shirt. The bundles at the Anti store are 4 bucks cheaper with a dark blue instead of light blue shirt. The shipping fees of $11 seem exorbitant. Since I can get the iTunes preorder for $15 and the vinyl from Amazon for $24 all with no shipping costs, I would essentially be spending over $30 for a t-shirt once you add in shipping from Kung Fu or Anti.

My total was $54 for the vinyl/t-shirt bundle. I like to think of it as $25 for the vinyl, $19 for the t-shirt, $5 for shipping and $5 for a raffle ticket for the neat prizes.

Guest Speed Racer

52 page booklet? it doesnt mention what is inside of it. im guessing photos, etc....

Probably a flip book of the ladies in Indonesia sewing up the tote bags.

Also, a fixie without toe clips?

It has brakes. Even the average idiot isn't going to kill themselves riding a fixie without toe clips, just get a few comments like yours.

I'll support my favourite band through my concert tickets and I'll buy a t-shirt at the show, but I've got to buy the new album/CD from our only independent record store.

I think the guys would understand.

I'm going to go the record store route. I'm not sure how much longer I can say I'm going to be able to support the band through purchasing concert tickets, though, with the way things have been going...

I'm going to go the record store route. I'm not sure how much longer I can say I'm going to be able to support the band through purchasing concert tickets, though, with the way things have been going...

Looking back now, I probably should have just pre-ordered the Deluxe CD and buy the LP from my local record store. Not only would it be slightly cheaper, but I would be supporting the much loved store.

Looking back now, I probably should have just pre-ordered the Deluxe CD and buy the LP from my local record store. Not only would it be slightly cheaper, but I would be supporting the much loved store.

So after thinking about it for a while longer, I went ahead and pre-ordered the Deluxe CD so I can get the 52-page booklet. I'll still buy the LP from the record store.

Echoing a few others here. I went ahead and pre-ordered the deluxe CD (I think I may prefer that cover as a side note) so I could have the bonus tracks, booklet, etc. Considered going with the vinyl but after reading through this thread a bit I decided to give myself an excuse to get over to the Electric Fetus once it is released. The pre-order has definitely caused a jump in my anticipation though! Come on Sept. 27!

Echoing a few others here. I went ahead and pre-ordered the deluxe CD (I think I may prefer that cover as a side note) so I could have the bonus tracks, booklet, etc. Considered going with the vinyl but after reading through this thread a bit I decided to give myself an excuse to get over to the Electric Fetus once it is released. The pre-order has definitely caused a jump in my anticipation though! Come on Sept. 27!

Me too. I'm ready to hear it.

Personally I am only interested in the music not all the merchandising fluff that makes up packages around it, and I resent having to double up on purchases just to get odd tracks. I thought that dBpm might make a break and play it straight down the line, but looks like they're up to the usual record company games. That said, purchases in the past have allowed access to download extra content later, so hopefully the same might apply here (not sure what happened with W(TA) since I sort of ignored most of that).