Song requests for concerts

Does anybody know the details of how the band uses the online song request feature on the official website? I think its so cool that they do this and I wish more bands did it. We requested Kingpin for the show we saw in Aspen last year and they played it and I'm assumming it was because of our request but maybe it was a coincidence. When they bust out something kinda rare, like She's A Jar in NYC last week, its that probably because someone requested it?

My questions are do they play more than one request per show? Do they just pick the request they like or do they pick the one that gets the most "votes"? Has anybody done a "write-in" request and had it played? I'd love to hear them do One Hundred Years From Now, but I'm sure that a huge long shot. Wouldn't want to waste my request on something that they probably won't do anyway.

I'd like to hear other people's experiences with the requesting.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in a request for Hotel Arizona in Dallas. I would encourage everyone else to do the same. ;)

Great idea, if it depends on what song gets the most votes, maybe we should organize here and work together to get our desired rare songs played. I know, I know, getting people to agree on a song would be the hardest part, just kinda joking, but it would be cool. Who wants to start a campaign for One Hundred Years From Now in Nashville this weekend? For night #2, I requested Its Just That Simple.

I recall the old website would show you which songs had the most votes up until (or maybe even after) the show. I don't see that now on the new one. If it's on FB, then someone else will have to check. I also recall that there were quite a few regulars on the top of the list normally, and not too many obscure ones. So it seemed that it wasn't just us deep-catalog VC freaks doing the voting.

For night #2, I requested Its Just That Simple.

I concur.

I recall the old website would show you which songs had the most votes up until (or maybe even after) the show. I don't see that now on the new one. If it's on FB, then someone else will have to check. I also recall that there were quite a few regulars on the top of the list normally, and not too many obscure ones. So it seemed that it wasn't just us deep-catalog VC freaks doing the voting.

True, but occasionally Cars Can't Escape or Magazine called sunset would be on top. I remember leading up to the first Solid Sound, the #1 request for a while was "Let's not get carried away", which i was sort of hoping they would play, even if i knew it was beyond a longshot.

In other news, who wants to help me get Kingpin played at night #1 in Nashville?

I concur.

Allright we can do this!!! I'm goina go ahead and put one in for "Its Just That Simple" for night two in Nashville if someone can give me some help on "On and On and On" for night one. I know its not exactly a "rocker" but I really wanna hear it live,might make a good encore entry...and that has to be at least a tie for the most "on's" typed in one sentence. Don't let Bea down.

In other news, who wants to help me get Kingpin played at night #1 in Nashville?

Since there is no way they're gonna do One Hundred Years From Now, I'll join you on voting for Kingpin on Nashville night #1. Sorry, Bea!

I put in a request for Hotel Arizona in Dallas. I would encourage everyone else to do the same. ;)

Good luck with that dude...D-man is spamming the request line for The Thanks I Get.

I know they are played frequently/pretty often, but if anyone wants to vote up I'll Fight or via Chicago for the Milwaukee show, that'd be awesome. Both are songs my pal from Texas and I love, and she's travelling all this way to see them. If not, it's cool. We can still be pals and stuff.

Great idea, if it depends on what song gets the most votes, maybe we should organize here and work together to get our desired rare songs played. I know, I know, getting people to agree on a song would be the hardest part, just kinda joking, but it would be cool. Who wants to start a campaign for One Hundred Years From Now in Nashville this weekend? For night #2, I requested Its Just That Simple.

Great song, concur, and hope fellow Chicago attendees follow. This song was reinvented when Nels came along, and is a real attention grabber when done with NEls and Glen. Some songs from the past dont work right with the new lineup, hard to explain, and wouldnt complain, but I love Dash 7 for what it was, not what it has become. Hotel Arizona, on the other hand, was a throwaway, in my blinder driven opinion, that became a show stopper when Nels was allowed to tear off the end part. Love this song now, and will chase Wilco around the country until I hear it a again. Last time was Tuscon, and was in Phoenix for work, and paid 300 for a lone seat stage left knowing they would play it, and it was unreal.

Let's review:

Nashville night 1: Kingpin

Nashville night 2: It's Just That Simple

Remember, vote early and often. WE CAN DO IT PEOPLE! :badger

Nashville night 1: Kingpin

I can support this - done.

Thanks, Wilco loves YOU!

That's nice.

Edited by calvino