Wilco 12/16/2011 Chicago, IL -Metro

Someone needs to post the full setlist. Incredible show tonight. started with Sunken Treasure and Wishful Thinking. Ended wih Dreamer in my Dreams and encore that included Kingpin and ELT. Also played Too Far Apart and Shouldnt Have to be Ashamed, Either Way, Ashes, Im Always in Live, War on War, Conmpany in My Back, Hummingbird and of course many more, including happy 16th birthday to spencer. Tiny venue.

I don't have a setlist but that had to be one of the best Wilco shows I've ever seen! Jeff looked like he was having great fun and they rocked every song hard. I've seen them over and over and this was a special show! Wish I had a ticket for Sunday but honestly, I've been here all week and I'm just plain worn out! Can't beat Chicago for a Wilco show. Happy birthday Spencer.

Wilco

Metro

1) sunken treasure

2) wishful thinking

3) art of almost

4) i might

5) i am trying to break your heart

6) one wing

7) company in my back

8) ashes of american flags

9) shouldn't be ashamed

10) either way

11) born alone

12) capitol city

13) war on war

14) how to fight loneliness

15) too far apart

16) red eyed and blue -->

17) i got you

18) dawned on me

19) i'm always in love

20) hummingbird

crowd sang happy birthday to jeff's son spencer for his 16th birthday

21) whole love

jeff: "the band chipped in together and got this for spencer....the first chord of a hard day's night". they tried 3 or 4 times and finally got it and that chord rang out as the intro to...

22) heavy metal drummer

23) box full of letters

24) ELT

25) standing O

26) kingpin

27) a shot in the arm

28) dreamer in my dreams

Taking a Half day off work.Driving into the city.Waiting in line outside the Metro for 6 and a half hours to be right against the stage so Pat could melt my face off during Red eye and blue >I Got You was priceless. The show had such a dirty rock and roll overtone the whole night.Even the few and far between slower songs had a different feel last night.I'll let the setlist speak for itself.Great show I met a lot of really great Wilco people in line and I wll never forget last night! Another thing that made my day was that the whole band walked in the front door of the Metro (except John and Pat) and said hi and shook hands and later they bought us all Starbucks! I'll let the pro's really review the show that i'll never forget!

What a show! So many treats to hear. Never expected to hear some of these songs let alone all in the same show!

Also worth noting that Nels absolutely owned the show. Ashes of American flags was one of the best versions I've ever heard. The entire night he was just tearing it up. Jeff even gave him some smiles and nods during songs. As much as some of their quieter songs are amazing, in a live setting, nothing beats a good rock show!

Hmmm, that's weird. No setlist from bbop? What gives? :ninja

Oh my god. Prior to this, First Avenue was the smallest venue in which I'd seen Wilco, and seeing them on the Metro stage was just...outrageous.

The setlist highlight for me was Dreamer in my Dreams, complete with the raucous breakdown (sans the falling bottles), but there were so many gems! ELT will always bring me back to the opening moments of the first night of the Residency, so hearing that is doubly good. Kingpin! Too Far Apart! And the guitars in general sounded extra dirty last night. Lordy, lordy... (And as evidence of how far off of the pulse my thumb is, I had no idea "Capitol City" is joining the ranks of the most hated Wilco songs. What?!)

And the Rogue Dead Guy (per doctor's orders!) and gyros afterwards were the perfect way to finish the night...or early morning, as it were. I am so glad I have been able to be a part of these shows.

i have no words to describe how awesome the last 2 days have been

We watched the show in the hallway by the bar and there was a drunk girl that kept trying to start a fight with anyone who would try to get by her to get into the ballroom, like this was the first GA show she'd ever been to. It was the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen at a concert and definitely affected my enjoyment for the first 30 minutes while everyone was settling in. Of course, by the end of the show, she was the one barging in front of people and yelling at them, drunken hypocracy at it's finest. It was a fun show with a stellar setlist and I love the metro, but they definetly over sold the place which probably had a lot to do with all of the angry people in there. I'm just glad that most everyone else was cool and composed so that the situations never elevated to full blown fisticuffs. Hopefully LH is just as good musically and much better from a crowd/comfort perspective.

We watched the show in the hallway by the bar and there was a drunk girl that kept trying to start a fight with anyone who would try to get by her to get into the ballroom, like this was the first GA show she'd ever been to. It was the most obnoxious thing I've ever seen at a concert and definitely affected my enjoyment for the first 30 minutes while everyone was settling in.

this sums up like three women around us. :lol we were right by the bar too. the best was the one who tried picking a fight with the woman bartender.

Hmmm, that's weird. No setlist from bbop? What gives? :ninja

"Pssst! Pssst! Best killer. Sirhan Sirhan. Same name twice."

Seeing Wilco at Metro was crazy! Everything happening on stage felt so close to the crowd. Because it was. I loved seeing "Dreamer" again, and ELT, and the A.M. selections... so much fun. I also enjoyed the updated value of diet Coca-Cola and unlit cigarettes.

I guess Diet Coca-Cola and unlit cigarettes now cost $6.49. Inflation.

The "No Camera" policy was in full force. The security guard near me said it was a point of emphasis in their afternoon security briefing. I didn't see anyone kicked out, but as soon as a camera phone went up, the security guys were flashing flashlights in the face of the would-be photographer and cutting through the crowd to put an end to it. And this was five minutes after the doors opened, and people were just taking photos of the stage.

Choice banter: "On Spencer's 13th birthday, he played with us at Madison Square Garden. He didn't want to do that tonight. Apparently this place isn't big enough."