Im not so sure about Bull Black Nova

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I think Bull Black Nova is a setlist killer. Dont really enjoy that one so much. :)

Agee with the first part 100%. I have used it as my pee break. I do like the song but would gladly trade the concert version for almost any 2 other songs live.

I love 99.9 percent of every note Wilco plays but i definitely saw it slow this show down. Not the greatest venue for them anyway

Wilco

2009-07-08

Wolf Trap

Vienna, VA

1. Wilco (The Song)

2. A Shot In The Arm

3. At Least That's What You Said

4. Bull Black Nova

5. You Are My Face

6. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

7. One Wing

8. How To Fight Loneliness

9. Impossible Germany

10. Deeper Down

11. Jesus, Etc.

12. Sonny Feeling

13. Handshake Drugs

14. Hate It Here

15. Walken

16. I'm The Man Who Loves You

17. Hummingbird

Set 2:

18. You Never Know

19. Heavy Metal Drummer

20. Misunderstood

21. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

22. I'm A Wheel

A few months after W(TA) came out, I was driving and I saw one! An old Nova, painted in primer black (not shiny like this one). That was kind of cool. It's definitely one I don't need to hear live every time, though.

novacoffman69xx.jpg

I used to own an olve drab green Nova. Great car. Not such a great song, but I kind of like hearing it because I owned a similar car.

LouieB

The incessant guitar line without release always leads me to issue a 'wow' afterwards. It is an emotional marker at the beginning of shows. When it's followed by a quieter song, it offers a really stark example of the emotional peaks and valleys in the show.

I have only heard it a couple times live, but I remember that the first time I heard it, I said to the guy next to me "that one's a keeper!"

I like it on the record, and I still like it even more live. definitely not on my pee break list or set dropper list (which I do have, btw).

I used to own an olve drab green Nova. Great car. Not such a great song, but I kind of like hearing it because I owned a similar car.

LouieB

Just not as catchy of a song title. "And now next up is Olive Drab Green Nova!"

I do enjoy Tweedy's solo versions more so than with the full band - never was a huge fan of the song.

Still waiting on hearing the solo BBN. Hear it's awesome.

The incessant guitar line without release always leads me to issue a 'wow' afterwards. It is an emotional marker at the beginning of shows. When it's followed by a quieter song, it offers a really stark example of the emotional peaks and valleys in the show.

Did you read that interview w/Tweedy in acoustic guitar mag posted in this forum earlier this morning? He talks about this very idea.

Reminiscent of the shower scene music from Psycho, it fits the lyrics perfectly.

Just not as catchy of a song title. "And now next up is Olive Drab Green Nova!"

Still waiting on hearing the solo BBN. Hear it's awesome.

Did you read that interview w/Tweedy in acoustic guitar mag posted in this forum earlier this morning? He talks about this very idea.

No...I'll have to check that out.

But I've been listening to music a LONG time. Wilco (Jeff) has a real sense of the ebb and flow of a successful rock show. May be the best ever.

Not a big fan of BBN but don't feel the need to flee the place when it starts. As long as it's not played every night.

No...I'll have to check that out.

But I've been listening to music a LONG time. Wilco (Jeff) has a real sense of the ebb and flow of a successful rock show. May be the best ever.

I second that. The selection of songs from the current tour seems just right. OSM has to be the opener though or it'll just become the track you use for a p*ss / drink break.

--Kieron

Not a big fan of BBN but don't feel the need to flee the place when it starts. As long as it's not played every night.

I second that. The selection of songs from the current tour seems just right. OSM has to be the opener though or it'll just become the track you use for a p*ss / drink break.

--Kieron

The douche factor is MUCH more likely to rear its head if it comes later in the show.. The venue becomes an intimate coffee house when OTM opens...

The opening sequence of OSM, Poor Places, Art of Almost and I Might can be devastating emotionally...