• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to flog this topic any further, but I think the brown hat is an intentional mismatch. He seems to have a cultivated slob look most of the time, and you can't clean up too good, ya know. Glen looks uncomfortable but stylish indeed.

Whenever I post a snap of JT on Facebook, I have a flurry of comments about "that homeless guy." "Who's the homelss guy with the guitar?" "They let a homeless guy in that nice place?" "Hey, I think I gave the guy 89 cents in the subway."

I actually thought Foster the People and the Beach Boys were not bad together...the dude from Maroom 5 looked scared to death and sounded horrible.

Foster the People may have been the best part of that segment. Mike Love looked like a douche and Brian Wilson looked like the crazy uncle who had escaped from the attic.

To be fair, they were asked to be part of the Beach Boys/Foster the People/Maroon 5 spectacle. Which ... yeah.

Really?

Holy Crap. That would have been so awesomely awkward and bad that I wish he had done it and flipped off the camera.

Some funny Tweedy footage here:

http://www.vh1.com/v...-bon-iver.jhtml

It's obvious Tweedy was screwing with her. He was almost giving a shout out to Justin.

Foster the People may have been the best part of that segment. Mike Love looked like a douche and Brian Wilson looked like the crazy uncle who had escaped from the attic.

I can't remember Mike Love not looking and acting like a douche. I can actually remember being about 8 and seeing him in the Kokomo video and thinking "man..... that guy looks like a pompous ass".

I can't remember Mike Love not looking and acting like a douche. I can actually remember being about 8 and seeing him in the Kokomo video and thinking "man..... that guy looks like a pompous ass".

He was just as douchey in the 60's.

That last part was a little harsh. It is so obvious that Brian is an acid casualty. I have a cousin who dropped acid one too many times and never quite came back. The expression on Brian's face really looks familiar...

I must admit that when I was about 8, even though I was in gifted, I never used or thought of the phrase "pompous ass". Much respect to you.

I must admit that when I was about 8, even though I was in gifted, I never used or thought of the phrase "pompous ass". Much respect to you.

It was said I was a precocious youth with an affinity for Phil Donahue bred from 2 smart ass parents.....deadly concoction.

(Has this been posted before? I don't think I'd seen it.)

http://eightythreemu...the-red-carpet/

My Wilco Friends On The Red Carpet

February 22, 2012 • Posted by 83Music

If you’re one of my facebook friends, it is no secret that I was lucky enough to hang out with Wilco after their Eugene and Portland shows earlier this month as a guest of their fantastic keyboard player Mikael Jorgensen. The Portland show was just four days before Wilco would be in California for the Grammy Awards and up for Rock Album Of The Year for The Whole Love. Despite Nels Cline’s wishes to not lose to the Foo Fighters (again), they ended up doing just that. I’ll go ahead and leave my disgust for that decision out of this post (since Wilco is my favorite band and I am a little biased), but do want to share a bit of Wilco’s red carpet antics from that night. I must say… I’ve seen Pat Sansone surrounded by women a few times and he seems to do quite well with the ladies; but I’m thinking this was one of his worst performances ever. Maybe it was the camera. (Please note Mikael Jorgensen rocking a sweet moustache)

The boys are getting really good at dealing with interviewers who have NO idea who they are.

The boys are getting really good at dealing with interviewers who have NO idea who they are.

I liked the very brief looks on Mike's and John's faces toward the end that said, "Wow, I can't believe this interview is still going on." :lol

Check out http://dannymiller.typepad.com/. This is a blog written by Sue Miller Tweedy's brother Danny, called Jew Eat Yet. The Feb. 14 entry is a great behind the scenes look at the Grammys. I highly recommend his blog in general, as well as Spencer Tweedy's. There is some serious writing talent in that Miller/Tweedy gene pool.